Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia, New Zealand or Pacific Coast USA (AEST-friendly timezones) . This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you
How you can help make a better world of work
Join us as a Design Director of the newly formed Connect & Scale neighbourhood - the group of exceptional Campers who are creating the connecting layer that helps employees find, discover and uncover the things they need to improve their employee experience. This connecting layer includes global components of our experience such as the Culture Amp homepage, platform IA and navigation, in product guidance, cross-product connections and how we integrate with flow of work tools such as Teams and Slack.
As Design Director, you’ll have a unique opportunity to impact how every employee - HR, managers, and individual employees experience the Culture Amp magic.
You’ll own the vision and strategy of how Connect & Scale creates a valuable experience that results in weekly use and drives meaningful connections in Culture Amp’s platform. To do this you’ll work cross-functionally with product, engineering and delivery in your Camp and beyond to guide the vision, increments and delivery.
As a people mentor and coach, you’ll guide a team of designers - supporting their decisions, honing their craft, and guiding their own development and progression.
- Owns strategy for the neighbourhood
- Products/experience is cohesive
- User experience is cohesive (usable/discoverable)
- Loops and connections aid company growth (metric growth)
- Accelerating impact on the mission (delivers value)
- Inputs from from teams/camps and customer group
- In touch with the customer voice (building up a body of knowledge to inform strategy
- Products/experience is cohesive
- Ways of working in the neighbourhood
- Drives the discovery enablement conditions for the neighbourhood
- Clear the way for collaboration and execution across other teams
- Figure out the right way of working between team and other camps
- Contributes to the strategy of Journeys
- Collaborates with leadership and strategy team on overall journeys strategy
- Brings the domain knowledge from the neighbourhood to contribute
- Form and align to a single cohesive strategy
- Work with the other Journeys directors
- Mentorship and growth of people in the neighbourhood
- Flag emerging investment opportunities in the domain
- Identify how to best redistribute our investment to be more effective
- Ensuring the experiences shipped from neighbourhood teams meet the quality bar
What you’ll spend time doing
- Collaborate with top notch Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and People Scientists to create compelling experiences to delight customers and create better workplaces
- Work with your design peers to support and evolve our shared vision for the product offering and how it drives connections in the platform.
- Ensure that valuable experiences are being shipped regularly, meeting the quality standard and are progressing us towards the connected platform vision
- Mentor a thriving team of Product Designers to and help them grow and do their best work
- Help define improvements in how we bring products to market.
What you bring to Connect & Scale
- About 10 years on the clock in design roles, and 5 or more as a people leader.
- Past experience creating end-to-end experiences for users with a bias toward user- and customer-centered techniques to define and create value, and of using data to validate or test.
- A toolkit to draw on for deeply understanding problems and defining solutions, such as service design, design-thinking, customer discovery.
- Empathy for those you work with and mentor, and a drive to build and foster highly-effective teams.
- Curiosity and passion for people and culture. At heart, you're what we call a people geek!
- Iterative and adaptive approach - you’ll get some setbacks, and can reevaluate and find a new path forward without getting too worried about it.
What We Offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by. You can read more about these at www.cultureamp.com. Take a read and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism at www.cultureamp.com
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this (please don't say unprecedented again!) time, make your work schedule work for you
- 14 weeks parental leave at full pay for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- MacBooks for all!
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.