The Public Affairs Lead will be responsible for driving public policy and regulatory outcomes on behalf of Finder in Australia.
Working closely with the Global Head of CSR & Public Affairs, you will develop public policy positions with internal stakeholders, write submissions to relevant public consultations, build relationships with key external stakeholders and lobby for the outcomes that will help Finder to deliver on our mission of helping people make better decisions every day.
Given the nature of the Finder business, this role will have a particular focus on digital asset / cryptocurrency regulation as well as open banking and the Consumer Data Right. Finder has already helped to shape policy direction in these areas and it will be your role to continue this important work. Finder also takes policy positions on personal finance, telco and insurance issues in Australia where relevant.
As part of a small team, you will set the direction for this work and also take a hands-on approach to working with cross-functional Finder teams to grow your impact.
Finder is a mission strong company led by our amazing culture and deeply rooted values. Come join us on the rocketship!
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in government, industry and regulatory bodies, not-for-profits and partner organisations.
- Draft submissions and position papers that synthesise the views of our experts in relation to relevant Government consultations in Australia
- Enhance Finder’s reputation as a credible advisor and information source among key external stakeholders including government, regulatory bodies and community groups
- Influence public policy outcomes important to Finder and our customers
- Represent Finder at events, workshops and on committees linked to our public policy work
- Monitor the effect of public policy changes on Finder and advise senior stakeholders
- Brief Finder executives for committees, speaking opportunities or events with a public policy or regulation focus
- Work closely with the Finder legal and compliance functions to understand the issues facing these teams
Desired Experience and Skills:
- An understanding of the key drivers of the future trends impacting the Finder business including digital assets, cryptocurrencies, open data and digital identification (or a willingness to learn about these areas quickly)
- Experience in working on public policy issues in Australia
- An existing network in the Australian public policy space (or a willingness to develop this network quickly)
- Proactive style with a track record of going live with complex work that requires input from lots of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Established project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Plenty of ambition and drive
- University degree in Public Policy, Politics, Government, International Relations, Law, Communications, Business, or other related field
Nice to have:
- Experience in the development and execution of effective Public Affairs strategies in the fintech, cryptocurrency, financial services or technology industries
- Experience working with stakeholders in international markets
- Experience in building and maintaining a strong public image
- Experience as a media spokesperson
- Wordpress experience
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.