Who we are
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of more than USD$100m and a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
We are looking for talented frontend engineers with solid experience to join our Web SDK team. The Web SDK team consists of front-end experts, tasked with improving the Web SDK that allows Rokt's partners to unearth additional value from their e-commerce funnels and beyond the transaction moment. The Web SDK integrates seamlessly into our partners' web apps and enables targeted and personalised marketing messages and offers to be displayed at optimal points along with the e-commerce flow. Rokt's large marketplace brings about really interesting challenges for this team around scale, performance, security, flexibility, user experience and interoperability. Some of the technologies that they use include TypeScript, RxJs, Docker, BuildKite, Browserstack and a host of other services on AWS.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Take ownership of complicated solutions, products and problems within the team
- Produce and maintain high-quality code
- Design complex features, and actively seek feedback
- Facilitate collaboration within and across teams
- Take responsibility for the system health, managing risk and security
Capabilities & requirements
- Deep understanding of Web and HTTP fundamentals including server interaction
- Experience building interfaces with Front-End frameworks like React, Angular, Vue or similar
- Capability around setting up and managing build/packaging/release pipelines of web applications
- Expertise with testing frameworks: Unit test, Integration test and end-to-end test
- Cross-browser/platform experience and CI/CD automation experience
- Experience with software development methodologies like Kanban or SCRUM
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.