You are joining Beyond Ag’s newly formed science team. You are obsessed with creating the sustainable food future we need today. You understand that insects have a large role to play in feeding future generations.
Your role will be directly shaping the new methods and processes used to breed and grow BSFL at an industrial scale. This is your chance to shape the sustainable processes creating food for billions of animals and people in the future.
In the lab you are meticulous, observing every element in the space and the interplay of variables. You are able to test hypotheses and discard bad ideas quickly to make way for surprising new systems that just work.
You are intensely obsessed with the new and different. You are a maker, a creator. When you become interested in something you are impatient to get started.
You will be working alongside a diverse team of incredible biologists and operators to turn ourMVP systems into highly optimised industrial-scale insect production. To do this, you will know (or learn) BSLF down to a photoreceptor.
This is an incredible time to join Beyond Ag and build our science team. The world’s current food systems cannot sustain us into the future and you'll be part of a solution to overcome this challenge.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work on our entire insect breeding and husbandry system and processes; from running experiments to designing and building hardware to harvesting for production to scoring BSFL life stages.
- Operate under and add to Beyond Ag's Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Management System.
- Document new production processes for quality assurance.
- Be a caretaker for our world-leading breeding lab.
- Undertake quality and safety testing for product batches.
WE’LL SUPPORT YOU WITH
- We’ll work tirelessly to provide you a productive, safe, supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Active transparency to invite you to contribute to every facet of the business.
- The resources you need to succeed.
- A personal learning and development budget to spend on what you believe can take your career to the next level.
- High-stakes work that matters deeply to the company and the world. A mission for you to sink your skills and passion into.
- Opportunities for meaningful ownership including equity ownership in the company.
- You're someone who cares deeply about Beyond Ag's mission, whether that is for the environment, animal welfare or reshaping the global food system.
- You have a degree in Science or other relevant field.
- You have experience working in insect breeding in academia or industry.
- You have outstanding experiment design skills.
- You have an exceptional eye for detail.
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- You are willing to work flexibly to manage weekend insect breeding.
Ideally you also have experience in:
- Experience developing SOPs in academia or industry.
- Experience operating in a regulated environment.
- Experience operating under a strong Quality Management System (ISO9001, HACCP or similar).
- You have previous experience working in small agile teams.
Ultimately this role will be shaped around the right candidate. If you love the mission and want to work on some of the most exciting and impactful problems on the planet today we want to speak to you.