- Growing International travel tech company based in Sydney
- Join a dynamic team passionate about creating the best product for our Customers
- New and exciting opportunity for you to bring all your experience and talent
Rezdy is the world’s leading independent B2B cloud-based booking and distribution platform in the experiences sector. Our mission is to power the growth of the Experiences Industry through tools and connections that make life easier.
If you’ve ever booked a tour or activity, chances are you’ve interacted with Rezdy’s platform. On the one hand, we help ‘experience’ providers, such as whale watching tours, cooking schools and amusement parks, manage their bookings online and connect with a wide distribution and resale network. On the other hand, we help those looking for experiences and products to resell, such as online travel agencies (OTAs), tourist information centres, hotel concierges and local travel agents, to expand their own customer offering.
The engineering and product teams at Rezdy are transforming how we design and build software solutions for our users. We are delivering more value, much faster as we leverage a fine grained microservice architecture approach. This role gives you the opportunity to have an impact on defining the tools, services and principles we use to engineer high quality software for a highly available SaaS platform.
Reporting to the CTO, the VP Engineering is an exciting role, leading and managing our software engineering teams who are building market leading software applications and platforms. The kind of engineers we want to work with have solid professional, commercial experience with modern frameworks but also care deeply about product usability, user experience, and design.
- Leading, building and developing a growing team of software engineers
- Fostering our culture of learning development to further the careers or the team
- Sizing, estimations, management and delivery of product backlogs in coordination with engineering squads
- Developing, supporting and promoting modern process frameworks
- Assisting teams of software engineers to gather information necessary to successfully complete and deliver development initiatives and tasks
- Lead architecture practices by providing technology oversight and ensuring correct design decisions are made
- Driving code quality through implementation and oversight of automated testing, code reviews, pair programming and general software engineering best practices
- Engaging across the business to create and refine our software applications, platforms as well as our processes
- Create and drive a culture of security and privacy with an understanding of any relevant legislation or regulatory requirements
- Identifying needs and skills required to meet the growing demands of the business and implement actions to scale the team
- Evangelise the business to the wider software development/technology industry
- 10+ years engineering/development experience
- 4+ years senior technical and people leadership, coaching and mentoring a team of engineers, within a software-as-a-service (SaaS) environment
- Knowledge of driving and scaling agile processes
- Strong organisational and communication skills with experience developing & instilling a culture of collaboration and ownership
- Computer Science / Software Engineering degree an advantage
- Cloud infrastructure experience, AWS an advantage
- Deeply passionate about software and a keenness to evangelise internally and externally
- Down-to-earth, make it happen, analytical and detail oriented with a strong drive and innovative approach
Reasons to believe
- Work with a passionate and dynamic team not just within Engineering but across all areas of Rezdy
- Growth, experiential learning and opportunities for development
- Diverse Scaleup culture - your direct contribution will make an impact
- Your Rezdy anniversary day off to thank you for a great year!
We believe in nurturing an adventurous spirit; owning it and making it happen and achieving more together - these are our values!
If this sounds like you, join us and apply now!