Senior Software Engineer
Since 2011, THE ICONIC has redefined the future of retail in Australia and New Zealand. As the #1 fashion e-commerce destination in the region, our e-commerce platforms (Retail, Marketplace and Services) provide an inspiring and seamless end-to-end customer experience through our own technology innovations. We stand for benchmark-setting customer service, delivery options, returns policies, and curation of brands.
Working at THE ICONIC means joining a diverse and dynamic community of over 1,000 people working towards our purpose “To bring on the future of shopping”. This diversity is at the heart of everything we do and gives real meaning in creating a positive impact in the world, from our ethical sourcing and sustainability strategies to our community engagement and diversity.
What you will do
Work on software projects to develop and improve our e-commerce platform, ensuring a seamless and innovative shopping experience for THE ICONIC customers.
- Work in an agile environment to develop a best-in-market experience for THE ICONIC customers
- Write and maintain clean and well-tested code
- Deploy microservices using infrastructure as code technologies, CI/CD (Bamboo), Terraform
- Work on distributed systems at scale with high traffic workloads
- Collaborate with other software engineers and stakeholders in your team to build and maintain APIs in our microservices architecture (Kubernetes)
What we are looking for
- Significant backend development experience
- Pride yourself on strong fundamentals engineering concepts - SOLID principles, clean code, design patterns, testing
- Experience designing and integrating APIs - RESTful API
- Proficiency in PHP/ NodeJS
- Awareness of major cloud provider (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Familiarity with RDBMS databases (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, etc)
- Experience building applications in a major framework e.g. Symfony, Laravel
- Understanding of unit testing and related frameworks such as Jest, PHPUnit
- Familiarity with agile and lean software engineering
Ways to stand out from the crowd
- Exposure to Docker in production (Kubernetes, EKS)
- Exposure to modern DevOps practices - QA Automation, Monitoring, Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform)
- Exposure to automated deployments (CI/CD)
Life at THE ICONIC
- We offer a hybrid and flexible working model so you can do your best work in a way that works for you.
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and access to LinkedIn Learning and Udemy
- Access to our parental leave program and an extra day off for your kids' first day of school every year
- Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and an ICONIC Voucher to treat yourself
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals!
- Enjoy a $4,000 referral reward for successfully referring someone to THE ICONIC!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]