Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Senior Manager, Financial Performance – Customer & Strategy, you’ll be a finance partner to the Chief Strategy Officer. In this role, you will be influential in driving business decisions and operational outcomes by providing commercial and financial insights on a range of cross-functional initiatives that are focused on innovating the customer experience and driving merchant value.
You will be responsible for and measured on four key pillars: Commercial analysis and execution, Strategic planning, budgets and forecasts, Performance Management and Operational Excellence.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Partner with the Chief Strategy Officer to develop and assess strategies to achieve the global objectives of Afterpay Lead and conduct analysis to enable data-driven decisions that optimise business performance.
- Use financial analysis and scenario modelling skills to develop creative solutions to complex business challenges.
- Be able to think creatively and flexibly to consider financial, commercial, and operational impacts across functions and at both local and global levels.
- Prepare and present business cases and other documentation to facilitate proposals and required approvals.
- Develop plans to report, execute, and implement approved initiatives together with the Strategy team to deliver targeted outcomes.
- Identify risks and opportunities and conduct post-implementation reviews and make recommendations for continued evolution of initiatives.
- Lead the annual budget for the Strategy team and collaborate with other Financial Performance team members globally and regionally to ensure alignment on cross-functional initiatives.
- Develop the financial story related to the Strategy team’s Budget and cross-functional initiatives.
- Develop, produce, and embed financial management reports to Executive leadership and key stakeholders to provide ongoing insights and assess trends, opportunities and risks.
- Support the development and measurement of KPIs for key initiatives.
- Implement scalable and consistent processes to enable operational excellence in business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for global Strategy initiatives.
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives related to financial processes.
- Collaborate with the broader Finance team and other key stakeholders to improve insights and ways of working.
Who are you? Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You are a creative and strategic thinker who has likely had experience in at least one of the following business areas: retail and technology start-up, management consulting, corporate strategy teams, digital and data teams.
- You are hands-on and love solving problems and managing ambiguity.
- You like diving into the unknown and creating clear, succinct, and powerful messages from analysis.
- You understand strategy and finance holistically – it’s the numbers but more than just the numbers: you understand the importance of marrying strategic objectives, financial objectives, and operational objectives.
- You are hands-on and know what it means to work in a fast-growing, complex, international business.
- You are passionate about working closely with your stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the business you support and to establish yourself as a trusted advisor and deliver exceptional value and insights to the business.
- You have strong self-awareness and a willingness to grow and develop personally, professionally, and as part of an evolving team of international colleagues.
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave. We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.