hi, we’re hipages
We're Australia's largest online tradie marketplace, where our team gets to help shape the on-demand tradie economy. Over 3 million Australians have used hipages where a home improvement job is posted every 20 seconds.
How you will make an impact:
As a Software Engineer in the Platform Team you will be influential in defining the future of the hipages software architecture as we continue to evolve. The Platform Team is responsible for maintaining our cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and DevOps tooling. You will be responsible for ensuring our sophisticated Kubernetes-based platform is able to support our rapidly growing engineering team.
How you will add value
- Building infrastructure and platform tools to support future growth
- Developing APIs to enable integration with customers and third parties
- Implementing compelling DevOps processes and tools to support hipages product delivery
- Participate in discussions of system architecture
- Help coach more junior team members
- Technical Experience:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid background in multiple programming languages/frameworks, e.g. Node.js, PHP, React.js, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience working with Kubernetes and related containerisation technologies
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Experience with DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Professional experience administering a large Kubernetes cluster
- Knowledge of security best practices
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages and other great perks such as 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks
- Inspiring office and location-based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station
- Remote work and flexible work (50/50) hybrid model
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties and teaming activities - the best in town!
Sounds like you're home? Apply Now!
Innovation & Collaboration are two important core values at hipages which both cannot be achieved successfully without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas, and we are more interested in learning about you as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend only to apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!