Level 09 - Data Operations Engineer
At Abyss, our mission is to create innovative AI and robotics solutions, removing the need to put people at risk in dangerous jobs. From deep-sea rovers to our recent Moon to Mars Australian Government grant, and emerging technology in Agriculture, there is no challenge that Abyss will shy away from.
A global team collaborating across Australia, America, and Pakistan consists of passionate problem solvers who love working on cutting-edge technology while maintaining a focus on environmental impact, safety, and cost.
You’ll get to work on complex challenges with a team of experts in software engineering, machine learning, data processing, and robotics.
In short, you'll get to work with some absolute LEGENDS, have fun, and get to work on cutting-edge software, in a company that is rapidly growing and has a REAL impact on the world, not just pushing numbers around.
This is a senior role for someone who may be looking for a leadership position in the next 12 months as we continue to grow. This involves being engaged in the development of software as well as taking responsibility for providing guidance on best practices in software design, quality, architecture and development process.
Your main role would be to take ownership of data analysis operations, scripting and executing data processing operations on complex imaging, 3D, and machine learning data. You will ultimately be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the full data processing pipeline including quality analysis of data and overall performance optimisation as well as coaching and mentoring your team on best practices and guiding them towards the development of our cutting-edge products.
About the Job
- Work closely with our other development teams to process data and continuously improve our organisational data analysis capabilities
- Contribute heavily to the architectural roadmap
- Take responsibility for the data orchestration pipeline including; data manipulation, management, analysis, and representation
- Take responsibility for all functional and non-functional aspects of software
- Be involved in technical recruitment activities to grow the team
Skills and Requirements
- Great Python in Linux environment
- Solid experience with bash and other scripting languages
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Robust software design and architecture skills
- Software testing methodologies
- Solid understanding of Agile values and principles and the Agile methodology
- Leading teams, driving process improvement, responsible for best practices and takes ownership of non-functional requirements
- Experience in Unit Testing, test automation, and continuous Integration
- Proficient communication and analytical skills
- Experience in performance optimisation and concurrent programming
- Provide coaching and guidance to other team members
- Basic understanding of computer vision, data science, machine learning, and robotics
- Capable of taking on scrum master and other responsibilities within the team when required
What’s in it for you
- We encourage and support continuous learning and career growth, and maintain that upskilling and staying up to date with emerging technologies are expected.
- You’ll get to work closely with industry leaders on problems without existing solutions.
- Working with a growing company means there are lots of opportunities.
- Opportunity to work at or travel between our various office locations.
- You’ll have the opportunity to transition into other technical specialties within the company.
- Abyss offers flexible work arrangements, including remote working.
- Abyss Solutions is located in Homebush Business Village in the Inner West of Sydney, 30 minutes from Sydney CBD.
How To Apply
If you have the required skills and are an Australian citizen or permanent resident who is entitled to work in Australia, we would love to hear from you by applying here:
You can see other positions available at Abyss here:
Abyss is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.