Due to expansion in our Northern region, we are seeking an experienced DevOps/Cloudops Engineer to join our team in Brisbane. You will design, implement and drive adoption of Continuous Delivery and DevOps utilising industry best practice frameworks, tools and process. You will work with some of Versent's key enterprise clients in a customer facing role. A strong Linux Sys Admin background is ideal.
The role focuses on Continuous Improvement with a DevOps approach and all clients sitting on AWS. The focus is ongoing enhancement once the solution has passed over from the project team. This is a client facing role. You will be proactive and confident in advising and consulting with senior level clients. This is not a reactive role, this is a highly proactive engineering role, adding clear value to our clients.
· Enhance availability, performance and stability of services as well as automating away repetitive work.
· Respond to alerts to investigate issues in our services that you can really sink your teeth into.
· You will be working on production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation.
· Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in a live production environment
· Provide performance tuning/recommendations for components and services
· Scripting and software development across one or more programming languages - automate away the repetitive tasks.
· Monitoring distributed systems application architectures
· Developing and maintaining configuration management and orchestration systems such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
· Discipline in ticketing, reporting and relevant paper work including Create Root Cause Analysis reports for internal/external use
At the core of what we do, we're an engineering company. We value our people more than commercials and put culture at the centre of everything. Some of the things we do to bring the team together are end of month social and drinks, both family and Versent Christmas parties and weekly knowledge sharing sessions.
We embrace the notion of Family at Versent, working together to achieve outstanding success. We have monthly social events to bring everyone together, often supporting charity initiatives such as TourXOz and RUOK Day. We're supportive of bringing both kids and dogs into the office (which makes it a bit more lively!) and have a flexible work environment.
VERSENT VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
People: We believe in a positive team with family spirit, because life is too short for anything else.
Customer: We create remarkable experiences for customers and treat them as we wish to be treated.
Quality: Be Artisans who care for their craft and lead change through continuous improvement.
Reliability: Do what we say we will do when we say we will do it, every time.
Transparency: Full disclosure, integrity and honesty in all things.
Reciprocate: Give back and assist as much as possible, whenever possible.