Join the AmazingCo Experience Design Team
...as our Event Manager (City Launcher!)
We create moments of memorable fun through experiences you'll love.
From milestone celebrations, unique catch ups or date nights at home, we're all about elevating the way you connect with the people, places & communities important to you.
From our founding team to the newest members, we’ve all personally seen the positive impact of time better spent with friends, family and colleagues. Today, we consciously and creatively focus our entire business on making this happen for others.
We do this by designing and delivering our own exclusive experiences which our customers discover through our purpose built platform. A platform that also not only enables but empowers our experience providers to ensure seamless experience delivery that delights. In our business, customer and provider experience is king.
We are the first global-scale experiences business taking a new approach to leisure time and how people spend their everyday lives. A high growth, venture capital backed, technology and data-focused consumer company based in Melbourne, Australia - and we’re taking our vision to the world!
We are looking for driven, resourceful people to jump in and make a difference in a growing team!
SO, WHAT DOES AN EVENT MANAGER WITH AMAZINGCO DO?
- Have a cooler TITLE - you’d be Experience Launcher in YOUR city - joining a team of global creatives and ‘do-ers’ to take AmazingCo to the world!
- DREAM BIG - be involved with the design and the detail of new experience concepts
- BRING THE VISION TO LIFE - Take ownership for tailoring new to market experiences for your city and different audiences
- CREATING MEMORABLE MOMENTS - Relentlessly looking for ways to squeeze WOW factor into the experience through memorable moments and unique surprises
- SET UP EPIC PARTNERSHIPS - Track down, build relationships and negotiate with amazing providers to secure exclusive experiences for our customers
- ENHANCE EXPERIENCES THROUGH STORYTELLING - create engaging copy, interactive content and media to accompany our experiences
- OBSESS OVER FEEDBACK - Testing experiences, seeking customer and supplier feedback and analysing it to make the experiences the best they can be
- REFINE PLAYBOOKS & BELIEVE IN CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Recording, refining and tweaking processes - and collaborating with the team - to help take 10/10 experiences to more cities across the globe
- OWN YOUR CITY! Be our eyes and ears on the ground. Know what’s happening, chase the innovation, network your heart out, embrace the hospitality, tourism and experience industry, and support our team with PR and collaborative opportunities.
- Launching high quality, new experiences on time and to budget in your city
- Customer mindset
- Consistently achieve NPS +90
- Innate knowledge of your city - knowing who to call, which areas experiences should be hosted in and what’s going to resonate with the local audiences.
- Collect and manage feedback to help inform experience improvements
- Provider satisfaction
- Happy informed providers= happy informed customers. Plus onboarding onto our in-house booking platform and seeking ‘off menu’ and exclusive experiences for our customers
- Values alignment -
- Team player
- We are invested in our family
- Could we? Should we? Let’s do it!
- Positive energy
- Love experiences!
- Willingness to learn, share and mentor
- Minimum 3 years professional experience
- Hospitality, tourism or event industry experience
- Experience in a customer facing sales or operational role
- Experience managing client and/or supplier relationships
- Demonstrate experience where attention to detail was required
- Tertiary qualification
- Creative & resourceful
- Evidence at successfully working autonomously
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Proactive and self motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional and creative writing
- Pitching and negotiating with providers
- Confident working across digital tools and platforms
- Confident reaching out to unknown providers and building a network
- Data driven
- Confident working with data and using it to gain insights
- Design experience
- Critical thinking
- A love and knowledge of great food and drinks
- Work in the wonderful field of events without the arduous late night bump outs and inflexible hours.
- Attractive salary, based on experience
- Embrace a fully remote setting and enjoy monthly exciting remote team-building experiences
- A great workplace culture, with no red tape. If you have a great idea and want to try something, lets prioritise it and see if we can scale it against the KPI’s
- Big mission, real meaning: work in a business that seriously cares about culture and improving the experiences of our customers
- Learning and development opportunities, with even more career opportunities as we continue to grow. Plus you’ll work alongside experienced co-founders with existing success in building and growing startups in Australia
- We are an experiences business and we test everything we create on ourselves! Enjoy frequent team wide experiences and staff discounts across our portfolio
- We bring a family attitude to work and all contribute to building our culture
- Taking over the world... We’re not kidding, we really do have seriously ambitious growth plans and are really excited to find the next brilliant mind to join us. You bring your energy and we’ll pay it back in spades. Our people are everything.
Salary and employment status
- $60k - $70k We are looking for people with at least 3 years work experience (salary negotiable pending experience)
- Permanent, full time
- Must have ongoing valid working rights in Australia
- Location - Sydney - Work from home
We are super excited about what we are building - and the team we’re building. We can’t wait to find the perfect next fit for our growing family. If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
MAY SUIT : EVENT PLANNER, EVENT PLANNING, EVENT MANAGER, HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT, TOURISM PLANNER