Hi, We’re hipages
We're Australia's largest online tradie marketplace, where our team gets to help shape the on-demand tradie economy. Over 3 million Australians have used hipages where a home improvement job is posted every 20 seconds.
How you will make an impact:
As a Senior Software Engineer within hipages, you will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of our web applications. You will work closely with other software engineers, product managers, and key stakeholders in an autonomous, cross-functional team to devise innovative solutions to customer problems. You will be influential in defining the future of the hipages software architecture as we continue to evolve. But most importantly, you’ll be joining an engineering team that prides itself on its high standards and quality products!
- Raising the bar of what-good-looks-like within hipages Engineering
- Design, development, and delivery of quality, maintainable software apps and services
- Creation of APIs which will be consumed both internally and externally
- Involvement in data-driven product experimentation
- Writing clean, scalable, testable code to support and enable the growth of the company
- Participation in discussions of system architecture
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior team members
- Requirements (Technical Experience):
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience, including React.js
- Solid background in multiple programming languages, e.g. Node.js, PHP, React.js, Golang, Python, etc.
- Solid understanding of SOLID principles
- Experience working in an AWS environment and using AWS services
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum or Kanban)
- Strong experience with relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Experience writing automated tests
- Any of the following would be a bonus, but aren’t required:
- Played the role of technical lead of a successful delivery team
- Experience building event-based systems and working with message broker technologies such as RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- Experience with XP techniques, such as pair programming or TDD
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems and concepts
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
- Understanding of microservices architecture
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages and other great perks such as 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks
- Inspiring office and location-based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station
- Remote work and flexible work (50/50) hybrid model
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties and teaming activities - the best in town!
Sounds like you're home? Apply Now!
Innovation & Collaboration are two important core values at hipages which both cannot be achieved successfully without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas, and we are more interested in learning about you as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend only to apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!