Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfilment platform, and incredible customer service, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
Why we have this role @ Koala
At Koala, your primary focus will be driving company growth by managing and creating our performance and marketing design. Your passion for digital design is combined with a desire to improve customer experiences and increase engagement. The ideal candidate for this role is fuelled by curiosity, is always on top of industry trends and eager to test and learn. Strategy should always underpin your creative thinking.
You are an expert in your field and look forward to collaborating with marketing, creative, social and media to thoughtfully design and execute a variety of digital experiences that help convert prospects to customers. You know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to performance assets and are the authority on how to leverage the various channels to optimise conversions and drive engagement.
We’re an incredibly passionate, fun and inclusive team, invested in making sure you thrive in your position. We genuinely love what we do. If this role sounds like you, we’d love to chat.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Work with the Marketing team to analyze performance marketing, record learnings, and iterate future ad assets accordingly
- Create and roll out engaging and distinct design assets which support our retail marketing endeavours
- Be the leading growth expert on performance marketing
- Take charge of conceptualising and building beautiful experiences in the customer journey across digital and social, be dynamic, and feel comfortable working across print and finished art
- Ability and interest in concepting and creating design experimentations with A/B tests
- Stay on top of industry trends to ensure Koala is implementing best in class strategies and tactics in performance
- Liaise with the wider team and relevant departments to ensure timely delivery of assets
- Work collaboratively with the senior creative team and cross functionally to bring to life the creative vision for the brand and own the projects as assigned by the creative team
- Focus on managing and rolling out digital campaigns for performance and social media
- Create distinct and engaging digital design assets in Figma
- Creating artwork for OOH, EDM’s, brochures, flyers, posters, merchandise and other print and digital material
- Able to design within the guidelines of an established brand visual identity framework
- 3+ years experience in a similar performance & marketing design role within agency, eCommerce or startup background is advantageous
- A strong portfolio of outstanding graphic design and typography skills with a heavy focus on digital and branding
- Strong passion for performance marketing with a comprehensive understanding of the digital sphere
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Figma, Google slides. Motion/animation skills (After Effects) will be an advantage
- An ability to work across a variety of mediums and disciplines (e.g. print, screen, space, digital and video)
- Process-driven and strategic thinker - keen to improve existing workflow and implement best-practice
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadline-focused, especially when under pressure
- You thrive in a fast-changing environment and with multiple teams relying on you
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy mob!
- Flexible working - The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you.
- Take a break - Generous time off and parental leave to help keep your work life balance, balanced.
- Fully stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouses are as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Bushfire Relief Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always curious to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're bloody confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and selflessness drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
* Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.