Equal Access to High-Quality Education Moves Our World Forward
At Cadmus, we believe every student should have equal opportunity to achieve academic excellence; that’s why we’re changing how the world learns!
Cadmus is a global EdTech company purposefully built for the higher education sector to break down global learning barriers by providing educators and diverse student cohorts with access to high-quality learning and assessment. Built on rich, student-centric values, Cadmus empowers individuals to achieve their highest potential and graduate with the critical skills and knowledge to impact our workforces, communities, and evolving world profoundly.
A Bold Plan For Global Impact
At Cadmus, we’re working hard to achieve an ambitious, world-shaping goal: to provide 1 billion students with access to high-quality education by 2050.
That’s why we need a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) to join our team and help us deliver our signature high-quality experience for our users worldwide — ensuring our product features are reliable, performant and set up to scale. We want to do everything possible to ensure our users enjoy their experience and love our platform. With countless opportunities to make an impact, you’ll help us solve exciting engineering challenges and deliver improved functionality to take Cadmus even further.
What Will You Do?
As a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) at Cadmus, you'll work across multiple codebases with a small team of cross-functional developers to solve various product engineering and architectural design challenges.
You'll apply your front-end skills to build performant, modern front-end applications with functional paradigms in React and Typescript. You will have ownership of our design system libraries, and assist in designing the GraphQL services and API architecture.
You'll also implement the backend GraphQL APIs in Elixir and build other polyglot backend services, while owning the deployment on AWS and other cloud services.
- Full Stack Development: 4+ years of professional experience in full stack software development. You can develop rich front-end applications in React/Typescript. You have written complete backend services in Elixir/Rust/Ruby/Go, with GraphQL and REST APIs. You have built things from zero.
- Strong Judgement: Based on experience and knowledge of the state of the art in software development, you make pragmatic suggestions for improving tooling and abstractions. You are comfortable making judgment calls on tradeoffs and edge cases in the user experience on your own.
- End-to-End Picture: You understand the complete picture of building and deploying SaaS products on AWS Cloud and Google Cloud. You can work with SQL (like PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases and fundamentally understand how the backend and frontend infrastructure/services connect and scale.
- Communication Skills: You have advanced English communication skills, and are equally comfortable talking to with fellow developers and external customers. You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real-time.
- Team Player: You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals and care about learning, growing, and helping others do the same.
- Startup DNA: You’re flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and have experience scaling systems to support rapid growth. You have been a one-person army when needed, or worked as a founding engineer.
- A Bar Raiser: You bring your passion and work ethic to the table every day, and constantly set the example for others. You are constantly looking to upskill yourself, and find ways to improve upon the status quo.
- A remote-friendly, flexible working culture; where you can work from any global location
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where there are no barriers to anyone succeeding
- A surrounding team of mission-driven individuals who genuinely love what they do
- Mentoring and succession planning for your career
Our interview process is usually a video response round, hiring manager interview, a programming task and debrief, and team interviews that will be held via Zoom.
While we review your application, please get to know us by visiting cadmus.io or following our social channels.
Inclusivity at Cadmus
At Cadmus, we hire great people from various backgrounds because it strengthens our company. We never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status. If you share our values and enthusiasm for education, you will find a home at Cadmus.
If you need assistance or accommodations made due to a disability, please let us know.