Our mission is simple: to improve education. We are a high-growth, fast-paced company building next-generation learning resources that are used in over 1,000 secondary schools across Australia. We are seeking a Finance Analyst to join our growing finance team to help build out and shape the function.
This role will see you support the finance team in providing in-depth financial analysis and quality financial reporting. This is the second dedicated role in our finance team and is a great opportunity for someone looking to make an impact with exposure to a range of business challenges and opportunities. In addition to helping build and maintain standard operating processes, this role has a unique opportunity to take ownership of a variety of special projects, particularly relating to forecasting and modelling. This is a role where you can roll up your sleeves with genuine responsibility to deliver real outcomes.
- Responsibility for maintaining and upgrading our financial model and forecasts
- Establishing, documenting, and maintaining robust systems and processes to capture and report financial data
- Completing detailed variance analysis
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting on a timely basis
- Preparation of ad-hoc reporting and modelling as needed
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- 2–4 years experience working in a financial analyst, management accounting, or similar role*
- Strong excel skills required
- You’re a self-starter and comfortable working with limited supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- *Don’t quite have this experience but are still interested? We are looking at candidates from a range of backgrounds, so if you think you can do the job, please reach out – we would love to have a chat!
What you may have done if you worked with us this week:
- Rolled our financial model forward a month, including inspecting and updating underlying data sources
- Built a completely new forecast/model to reflect a changed part of the business
- Completed monthly and quarterly analysis, providing clear, concise and informed explanations for variances
- Assisted in the preparation of the quarterly board pack, which is distributed to our board of directors
- Helped collate the documentation to apply for a new banking product
- Assisted our bookkeeper in wrapping up month-end procedures
- A variety of other things as part of a growing team
Benefits of working with Edrolo
- A competitive salary reflective of your experience and expertise
- True career development and progression opportunities driven by fast business growth
- Be part of an organisation that genuinely believes in its mission to improve education
- Flexible working hours and casual dress
- Investment in our people to maximise their potential
We believe both in casting a wide net to find great potential applicants, and in having a transparent recruitment process. Here’s the steps you can expect to work through
- If you’re not ready to apply just yet, but instead want to have a chat about the position, please simply hit 'apply' and in the 'questions' section include a short introduction to yourself, any questions you have, and your contact details. There is no need to attach a CV at this stage or to answer any other questions. We'll then be in touch to have a chat.
- Once you’re ready to apply – go for it with the confidence that we’ll be in touch to let you know the outcome of your application.
- We organise a quick follow up phone call with about 50% of applicants to quickly introduce ourselves and discuss your application.
- We then invite about 50% of these applicants to an interview – we’re hopeful this can be in person but it may need to be remote. At this stage we’re seeking to establish values alignment with Edrolo and understand how your experience and career path align with the role.
- As a final stage we invite a very small number of applicants to run through a workshop and follow up interview with us over the course of a few hours. The purpose is that you get to see how we work, and we get to see how you work to assess how your skills translate in practice.
- We then make an offer to the successful candidate.