Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including E-bay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
As Afterpay’s new Privacy Specialist you will join our newly created Global Privacy team to support the management and delivery of our Global Privacy Management Framework. In this pivotal role you will report into our Senior Manager Privacy partnering with multiple business units as a privacy champion!
This is a permanent position, ideal for someone that is passionate about privacy and building a career in this space, that will be located in either our Melbourne or Sydney office.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
- Support the delivery of our strategic privacy programs of work
- Support privacy compliance monitoring and reporting processes
- Manage and conduct privacy risk assessments (eg. third parties, projects and initiatives)
- Be a privacy champion, delivering privacy advice and culture building initiatives with the business
- Draft privacy policies, procedures or guidance
- Manage privacy matters as they arise
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- You'll have a passion for privacy and experience in the field or something very similar - legal, compliance or data governance
- A degree or certification in a relevant discipline will be highly regarded (CIPP/E, CIPT)
- Experience in a high growth technology or financial services environment will be highly regarded
- Project management skills and a sense of ownership over your work
- You’re confident, collaborative and form strong stakeholder relationships
- You have a can do attitude, like to learn new things and be challenged
- You enjoy problem solving and are creative yet also strategic
- You follow through, you show up, and make it happen, fast!
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Melbourne/Sydney and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 26 weeks paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!.
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices