We’re Littlepay - a fast growing fintech based in Melbourne, and the world's only payment processor specialising in the transit and mobility sector. We've developed a payments platform that enables customers to pay for public transport using any payment card, mobile wallet, or wearable device. Littlepay is now processing transactions in 12 countries and continuing to expand globally.
This is currently the most senior finance role in the company. You will be reporting directly to the CEO, and be responsible for the financial compliance and reporting for the organisation across 3 operating entities in Australia, UK and the USA with support from local firms. This is a hands-on role, which will be given autonomy to drive the development and implementation of our financial and management accounting practices, and growing of the finance function.
Accounting & Tax
- Manage relationship with accounting firms in AU and UK for statutory and tax compliance (BAS, VAT, PAYG IAS)
- Full P&L Management including Month End Accounts closing process.
- Manage Electronic Payroll Function
- Payroll Tax
- Manage processes and resources responsible for AP and AR
- Consolidated management reporting across AU, UK and US entities (and others that will be created as we expand to new regions).
- Monthly board reports
- Monthly functional reports
- Oversee the the annual budgeting process and the maintenance of related financial models
- Cash flow forecasting
- Manage Ad Hoc Financial Projects for CEO as needed
- Mentor and develop team members and enact development plans
- Manage partner relationships with banks, advisory firms, and insurance brokers.
You must have
- 10+ years experience in managing finance teams, and relevant experience in a leadership role
- Experience building, leading, and scaling a finance function, preferably in a high-growth industry.
- CA or CPA qualification.
- ERP & cloud-based Accounting Software experience (Xero preferred).
- Strategic and commercial financial modelling and analysis experience.
- High level of proficiency with Excel - ability to build cash flow forecasting models.
- A current abode in the Melbourne area (non-local applicants will NOT be considered).
We would look favourably on candidates with:
- Professional working experience in UK
- Experience within Audit
- Experience in the payments industry
- Working experience in a fast growing startup / scaleup
You'll have the opportunity to learn about the payment processing ecosystem and be involved in the provision of critical services that impact millions of daily commuters. All within the tight-knit environment of an agile scaleup. We offer a competitive salary, flexible work conditions, ample opportunity for professional development, and a great CBD location close to Southern Cross station.