Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers, and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Principal Software Engineer (Cloud) whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Melbourne, you will be a key player in designing, building and testing the features of our next-generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to sports scientists, coaching, support staff, and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance by delivering a high-quality experience. Our engineers match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and being able to excel in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a Principle Engineer to join our dynamic group and help us shape the future of our cutting-edge projects. Here's a glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- Innovate Collaboratively: Work hand-in-hand with your cross-functional product team to discover and ensure we deliver the right solution, the right way, at the right time. Your ideas and expertise will drive our success.
- Architect the Future: Play a pivotal role in defining the strategic technology stack and architectural direction that will propel us into the future. Including deployment strategies, robust monitoring and seamless DevOps practices Your insights and seasoned expertise will empower us to accelerate the delivery and operations of our solutions.
- Inspire and Educate: Cultivate a growth mindset and a culture of continuous learning and growth. Challenge the status quo, pursue outcomes, and take ownership of tasks in our collaborative and dynamic setting. Share your wealth of knowledge and experience with colleagues, conducting workshops, brown bag sessions, or other educational initiatives that empower engineers to expand their skills and expertise.
- Hands-On Leadership: Your leadership will extend beyond strategic planning and guidance; it will encompass direct engagement in complex technical challenges. By maintaining a hands-on approach, you will inspire and guide your team through practical problem-solving, setting a high standard of technical excellence.
Right now, your expertise could be applied to a variety of exciting areas:
- Live Data Stream Processing: Dive into the world of real-time data processing using technologies like Kinesis, AWS, and edge devices. We're processing live athlete data streams like never before, fueling data-driven decisions that impact the performance of athletes.
- Cloud-Based Data Processing: Harness the power of the cloud for large-scale data processing, paving the way for smarter solutions and insights.
- IoT Capabilities for Enhanced Experiences: Join the mission to enhance athlete support and customer experiences through IoT capabilities that provide real-time information about the health and configuration of our devices.
- Cloud Platform Migration: Be a key driver in defining our next-generation platform as we migrate our market-leading on-premise athlete wearable solution into a cloud platform.
- Simplifying Athlete Training and Game Context: We're making athlete training and game context capture simpler than ever with modern web and mobile applications. Dive into the world of AWS, React, and React Native to create intuitive, user-friendly tools that empower athletes and coaches.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 10+ years of experience creating successful web and cloud-based products.
- Experience with the specific technologies in our stack is advantageous but not mandatory. (C# .Net, AWS, Go, Laravel PHP, React)
- Proficiency in microservice architectures within AWS, applying domain-driven design principles.
- Proven leadership skills, with a track record of guiding and mentoring teams to achieve exceptional results.
- A passion for educating and sharing knowledge, actively contributing to the growth and development of your colleagues.
- A positive and curious mindset who has a passion for problem-solving, and a can-do attitude.
- A collaborative team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet productive, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.
All offers of employment are subject to Catapult's positive prehire check. To find out more, please contact the Talent Partner for this role.