We believe in building incredible software that's affordable, easy to use, solves customer problems, and that our customers can try for free and buy themselves. We're inspired by companies like Atlassian, Canva, Datadog, and Slack who have built amazing products with incredibly sales-efficient businesses. This product-led growth strategy has seen us expand to hundreds of customers like Shopify, Boston Consulting Group, Square, VMware, GitLab, and more.
As a result of increased inbound demand for our enterprise business, we are looking to bring on another sales-focused hire to accelerate our growth by complementing our self-service sales model that has taken us to where we are today, and to support the needs of our enterprise customers as they purchase Dovetail.
To learn more about the Dovetail journey, listen to this episode of Blackbird Ventures' Wild Hearts podcast.
What you will do
- Manage the full sales cycle. You'll own the full sales cycle for our enterprise prospects, from inbound lead to close, through a consultative sales approach. You will help customers navigate complex sales cycles and manage relationships with procurement, IT, and legal to close new business. You will contribute to our enterprise revenue goal and carry quota in 2022.
- Employ a consultative sales approach to help our prospects. You'll create and deliver your own consultative demonstrations of Dovetail, tailored to customer needs, for a range of audiences. 90% of our customers are not located in APAC, this role will involve early morning and late evening calls to cater to our global customer-base (flexibility with working hours is required).
- Become a Dovetail expert. You'll develop intimate knowledge of how Dovetail works, what Dovetail is capable of, and an understanding of the market so that you can effectively help our prospects.
- Develop and maintain amazing relationships with your prospects. You foster a desire to help leads and their stakeholders in every interaction throughout the entire sales cycle to ensure a delightful and positive experience. You'll work partner with customer success during the sales process to ensure your prospects are set up for success as they adopt Dovetail.
- Help mature our global Enterprise business. You'll work with the Revenue team to contribute to the overall growth our global Enterprise business, and pioneer new practices to improve our sales efficiency as we mature our product-led sales strategy.
As the second sales-focused hire at Dovetail, ideally you will join us with:
- Experience in a consultative sales role for a SaaS business with enterprise customers.
- Experience outperforming in a high-growth sales environment. Help us identify you by sharing your results. Ideally, you would have also contributed to an early-stage sales team.
- Extensive consultative selling skills, with skills to navigate complex enterprise sales cycles, while delivering a delightful customer experience throughout the process.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the operational skills to develop, report on, simplify, and improve sales processes.
- Excellent, concise communication so you can easily convey your thoughts, opinions, and feelings with customers and teammates.
- The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and ambiguity that naturally comes with working at an early-stage startup.
As an added bonus, it would be incredible if you had:
- Experience selling in research, design, or customer experience product categories.
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we pay salaries that can hold their own against big tech companies.
- KitKat days. We understand the importance of mental health and wellbeing. These are extra paid days holiday for the whole company where everyone can take a break.
- Generous equal parental leave. We offer 12 weeks equal parental leave.
- Floating public holiday leave. You can choose to work public holidays and use that day another time in the year.
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance, especially right now. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to work where you want, when you want.
- Personal learning and development budget. We’re a big fan of personal development, and prefer to home-grow leaders rather than filling leadership / management externally.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Surry Hills. With free snacks, beer on tap and drinks, three different coffee machines, social areas, and a rooftop.
- TGIF events. Monthly company wide activities on Fridays for the whole team.
- Salary sacrifice. We have a salary sacrifice policy for work related items.
- Ergonomic office. Sit-stand desks, 4k 27” monitor, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces, to suit all kinds of working styles.
- Pet friendly office! We love dogs and often have dogs in the office.
- Personal development. Regular lunch and learn events, opportunities for presenting at webinars and conferences, and networking through our investor community.
- Annual company retreats. We try to go away every year!
This is a full time role in Sydney, Australia. Flexibility with working hours is required. If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, please apply now.