Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 -- we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and curious Senior QA Engineer to help our engineering teams deliver the high levels of quality our customers demand from our software and hardware solutions. You will help drive the adoption of a whole-team mentality to quality, and have a drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligned with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Melbourne, you will have hands-on experience across the breadth of quality activities, and be looking to take an active role within our engineering team - helping to guide and empower developers to test their own features and embody quality, whilst delivering quickly and safely.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, develop and execute both manual and automated test plans using appropriate tools across web, desktop and mobile solutions
- Collaborate with developers and product management to increase product quality and identify hotspots
- Actively participate in team engineering processes with a view to continuously lifting quality and improving
- Empower engineers to confidently test their own features against these standards, and to build quality in from the start
- Leverage your own experience to help educate engineers in how to test, to identify and target risks, and to help them practice and develop their skills and mindset
- Monitor team outputs and collect metrics, examples and evidence to highlight opportunities to improve the team’s quality, efficiency and independence
- Help make testing fun! Avoid testing activities that are mindless, tedious, repetitive and low value and focus on out-smarting the code, finding that obscure edge-case and protecting customers from nasty bugs!
- Bring a growth mindset to your work -- sharing ideas and opinions with an attitude and appetite for improvement; the ability to challenge, pursue outcomes and take ownership of tasks in a collaborative environment
- Experience in testing activities within agile software teams, supporting the delivery of multiple projects to production and ideally with mentoring experience
- Experience with the use of modern testing tools, frameworks and practices
- A willingness to dive in and do what is required to deliver on key quality outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence and coach teams in developing their mindset and aptitude for testing
- A passion for all things quality!
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll get the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.