VALD is the world leader in technology for the allied health industry, providing innovative human-measurement technology to 4,500 clients in over 100 countries. If you have a favorite team in the NBA, EPL, or NFL, there's a good chance they use VALD technologies.
Many years on from its humble beginnings in Brisbane, Australia, VALD has grown to a team of over 200 team members in 29 countries, with three offices across Australia, the UK and USA.
Driven by a multidisciplinary team of researchers, clinicians, sports scientists, designers, developers and engineers, VALD's suite of technology offer unparalleled insight into human movement, performance, injury risk and rehabilitation.
About the role
We have an opportunity for a Financial Controller to join the finance team. This role will see you partner with and report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
This role is responsible for overseeing the accuracy, consistency, and compliance of all financial operations in accordance with accepted accounting standards.
- You will manage a team of four direct reports
- You will work closely with the CFO on a day-to-day basis
VALD is a global scaling business, with multiple subsidiaries and 85% of revenue coming from our overseas subsidiaries. VALD's growth has doubled year on year since inception.
Key tasks aligned with this role will include:
Reporting & Data Integrity
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and consitency of all finanical data in adherence to accounting standards
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements and reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Present financial statements with commentaries and analysis for CFO
- Assist with monthly rolling forecasts and annual budget process
- Ensure compliance with income tax, GST and VAT regulations in Australia and internationally.
- Supervise the clerical activities involved including reconciling the inter-organisational information required for financial reporting purposes
Asset Management/ Inventory Control
- Assist in managing and reconciling the fixed asset register
- Assist in overseeing operations for inventory costing and controls
- Collaborate with the Head of Production Assets regarding inventory management
Accounts Receivable/Payable & Cash Management
- Partner with the commercial team to ensure contract repository is complete and accurate
- Collaborate with accounts receivable manager to ensure accurate and complete invoicing schedule is maintained
- Prepare cash flow forecast to ensure sufficient funds to meet current and future business needs
- Oversee the accounts payable function and liaise with accounts payable team
- Approve payments in banking portals
You’re a natural leader that can add value across the entire business, with strong attention to detail. To be successful in the role, you are:
- CA or CPA qualified accountant with background in accounting, FP&A and financial reporting
- Proven experience in accounting, analysis and reporting within multi-country tax jurisdictions
- Adaptable to change and proven track record of working in a fast-paced organisation
- Proven experience in managing conflicting priorities
- Numeric and analytical problem-solving skills
You will be working with an executive leadership team in a fast-paced, dynamic company that has a culture around the belief that anything is possible with hard work, creativity, dedication, and good timing.
VALD's best asset is not our technology but our people and culture. We have a range of benefits we offer to our team. Some of our perks and benefits include:
- Competitive market salary and equity in a down-to-earth, inclusive and vibrant work environment
- Conveniently located in Newstead
- Flexible working environment, with a casual dress code – no more corporate attire, T–shirts are the norm
- Table tennis, basketball hoop, end-of-trip facilities with bike and scooter racks if that’s your thing
- Chefs that prepare you delicious fresh breakfast and lunch every day
- On-site barista to make your coffee just as you like it
- Team gym, remedial massage therapy, subsidised access to physiotherapy and exercise physiology services
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
While the successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, we are committed to growing and empowering an inclusive VALD team. That's why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.
“Successful applicants will be subject to background checks (including identity and criminal record checks). It will be a condition of employment that the background checks return acceptable results.”