Founded by engineers, Atticus is an Australian technology company revolutionising how critical documents are reviewed. We’re seeking an exceptional full-stack engineer who wants to get in on the ground floor of a company that’s scaling quickly with a great product. As a senior engineer, you’ll be working directly with the founding team on product strategy as well as growing the technical team. Although we’re based in Melbourne, Australia, we're open to remote candidates.
Atticus was founded by Misha and Mitchell, formerly software engineers at Palantir, and Saul, an ex-corporate lawyer and teacher. Since 2018 our platform has become the trusted verification tool for the largest law firms, listed companies, and financial institutions in Australia, Hong Kong, the EU, and the UK.
We’re seeking an exceptional full-stack engineer who wants to get in on the ground floor of a company that’s scaling quickly with a great product. As a senior engineer, you’ll be working directly with the founding team on product strategy as well as growing the technical team. We’re based in Melbourne, Australia but open to remote candidates.
We're a profitable, bootstrapped company that values sustainable growth, a healthy work-life balance, and building something we’re proud of. Our team is technically minded and loves finding elegant solutions to messy problems. On the technical side, while we certainly move fast, we try not to break things. We value code and architectures that are reliable, flexible, and well tested.
We work hard but don’t set fixed office hours, so you can shift your hours around life’s commitments.
As a senior full-stack software engineer, you’ll be designing, developing and administering our core Atticus platform alongside Misha and Mitchell. Our deployment pipelines are continuous and automatic, so you’ll be shipping code to production daily.
Beyond writing code, you’ll be directly involved in product direction and growing the engineering team. We expect our product and architecture to evolve considerably as we scale and you’ll be instrumental in helping us achieve this.
The best way to understand what our users need is to meet them, so occasionally you’ll jump on a call to gather feedback or discuss a new feature or use case.
As a senior technical hire, you should be a number of years into your career and feel comfortable contributing across the stack – whether it's designing new parts of our system architecture, extending our API, or building new front-end components. We're looking for someone with:
- A bachelor’s degree (minimum) in computer science, mathematics, software engineering, physics or relevant discipline.
- An engineering mindset: the ability to decompose complex problems, test and iterate solutions, and collaborate on large projects.
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, run-time analysis.
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to structure and process qualitative or quantitative information, and quickly draw insightful conclusions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, especially communicating technical ideas to non-technical people.
- Proactivity: acting without being tasked and making decisions with minimal supervision.
- Openness to giving and receiving feedback.
- Experience administering and monitoring cloud systems and applications.
- Familiarity with secure coding practices and a commitment to information security.
Technologies We Use
- Node.js and Express.js for the Atticus API.
- Python for asynchronous jobs and data processing.
- Packer, Terraform and Ansible for cloud infrastructure provisioning and orchestration.
- Deployed on AWS.
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience and location) plus equity.
- Five weeks’ paid annual leave and public holidays.
- Flexible work environment.
Interested in Atticus but this role isn’t the right fit for you? Please get in touch and describe your ideal role – we are growing our team and would love to hear from you.