At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
What you’ll love about this role…
We are looking for an experienced Employee Relations/Workplace Relations Specialist to join our team on a 12 month contract. This role will contribute to the execution of priority workplace projects and provide advice and support to key stakeholders to support the delivery of these projects. The role will provide ER advice to further mitigate risks and provide a positive employee experience whilst ensuring compliance with THE ICONIC's policies and procedures, as well as relevant legislative frameworks.
Your focus will be to…
- Support the delivery of ER-related projects, including;
- Assisting on escalations from employees and leaders on project queries.
- Escalation of more complex queries to relevant Head of P&C, and/or Legal where appropriate.
- Interaction with employees, former employees, and other key stakeholders on queries relating to the project/s.
- Providing (supervised) advice on the organisation's industrial relations framework, including relevant Awards.
- Awareness of any changes to employment legislation and relevant ER cases that may impact projects.
- Driving outcomes in employment-related compliance work, including existing and new Project work as required.
- Implementing remediation measures and governance structures.
- Availability and willingness to assist the broader Workplace Relations, and P&C Team on ER-related matters.
- Review & audit of current Awards ensuring compliance with contractual terms and conditions and reflected in systems & processes.
- Maintaining ER-related records and other relevant material.
- Reviewing Reporting Tools, processes and discipline of tracking ER matters.
- Coordinate Dashboard and/or Reporting and present recommended actions to address root causes and key themes to minimise disputes.
- This role reports to the Head of HR - Remuneration, HRIS & Projects and works closely with the Workplace Relations team, HR Business Partners, HR Operations Lead, Payroll, General Counsel, Head of Risk along with business leaders as required.
To be considered, you will have….
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Australian Industrial Relations and employment legislation, awards, and historical & recent case developments
- Typical experience 3+ years, in IR/ER or HR coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications
- ER experience with an ability to think logically, strategically and translate this into practical operational outcomes including analysing and explaining the risk profile
- Ability to identify, write and execute on an ER strategy
- Exemplary written, verbal and presentation skills
- The ability to identify, analyse and resolve problems
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills
- A collaborative and consultative approach
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet competing deadlines
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Fun, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days and learning tools
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our AMAZING staff discount and our famous sample sales!
- Hybrid working environment so you can manage your location across the office and wherever else works for you
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals. (when office is back on)
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]