Note: This role strictly requires Australian working rights.
Relectrify is a high-growth venture that builds cutting-edge technology to reduce the cost and unlock extra lifetime in lithium-ion batteries. By combining innovative electronics with intelligent algorithms and data analytics, our technology creates more affordable and longer-lasting energy storage systems for households, the power grid and beyond.
Relectrify was founded in 2015 out of research at the University of Melbourne. Since then, our technology has been successfully demonstrated in projects globally including with American Electric Power, Nissan US, VW Group Germany, Counties Energy New Zealand and 4R Energy Japan, and is seeing uptake across numerous product categories. We are privileged to be backed by leading investors including CEFC Australia, Energy Innovation Capital US, Energy & Environment Investment Japan, European power utility EDP and South Korean industrial group GS.
About the Team
Relectrify consists of a world-class team, who thrive on working together and solving seriously hard problems with a view to make a positive impact. Team members are given high autonomy with the ability to access support as necessary. As a venture-funded company, our focus is to rapidly enter markets where we can make a real difference.
In short, we are a group of motivated individuals rapidly deploying cutting-edge technology to make a positive impact. We also like discussing future trends, enjoying good coffee, board game evenings, and a healthy stream of positive humour.
About the Technology
Relectrify’s advanced battery management system (BMS) and inverter comprises of three parts: hardware electronics controlling power flows inside battery packs; embedded software algorithms that inform how the hardware electronics operate; and data analytics to allows customers to monitor their batteries and allow continuous improvement of Relectrify’s algorithms. Together Relectrify uses these to notably increase battery performance and lifetime.
Capable, affordable battery storage unlocks value for customers from farms to solar houses, power grids, and beyond. Relectrify therefore actively forms strategic collaborations with innovative, sector-leading storage companies across the world to jointly develop and release uniquely positioned storage products.
We are looking to bring into the Relectrify team a highly capable and self-motivated individual. The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for providing assistance to the supply chain team through supporting functions such as purchasing, inventory control and production planning. As our solutions are centred around power electronics and energy storage solutions, a background in electronics/electrical engineering would be an advantage.
This role will report into and work alongside our Supply Chain Manager and would be suitable for someone fairly junior in their career looking to expand their experience and capabilities. We would also consider someone with slightly higher experience who could come onboard and take on more responsibility from day one.
Some of the specific tasks of the role include
- Purchasing of components and raw materials
- Managment of inventory and stock levels
- Scheduling of manafucturing
- Generating and maintaining reports on orders, inventory and manufacturing data
- Inventory control and cycle counting
- Prepare and manage stock take
- Manging import/export logistics documentation
- Experience with procurement or supply chain roles
- Comfortable establishing and maintaing relationships with external vendors
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- You love rising to the challenge of learning new skills and solving problems
- Australian full-time working rights
Nice-to-Haves - but willing to waive for promising candidates
- 1-3 years experience with purchsing or supply chain
- Experience with ERP systems
- 2+ years experience as electrical/electronics engineer
- Experience with PCB design and manufacturing
- High independence, with a clear focus on delivery and quality.
- Remuneration includes an opportunity to earn company share options, offering you an ownership stake in Relectrify.
- Modern office in Abbotsford with bottomless coffee, office Spotify, and an increasing population of office plants
- Flexibility in working hours to enable fitting in with other aspects of life, whether family, (kite) surfing, or anything other.
- Flexibility in leave to enable team members to define their own remuneration-leave optimum.
- Pay-you-back scheme on relevant online courses and other training.
- We encourage you attending key conferences and events, and cover associated expenses.
- We've got plenty of space and a passion for personal projects, be it electronics, food computer building, or home brewing.
- Continuously rotating tea/coffee collection as well as cold drink collection for Friday end-of-week team wind-downs.