Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Executive Assistant to the Chief Enterprise Risk Officer and Global General Counsel and other key members of the Enterprise Risk and Legal leadership team, you will be in a pivotal role assisting with the efficiency and operational excellence of the team. You will be reporting directly to Afterpay's Chief Enterprise Risk Officer, this will be a busy and varied role and will suit a calm, flexible and competent Executive Assistant with initiative. You will be expected to provide administrative and operational support and act as the first point of contact for a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
This role can be located in either Melbourne or Sydney.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Maintaining calendars by planning and scheduling meetings across multiple time zones, booking rooms, teleconferences, and negotiating appointments with a high level of independent thinking and judgement
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders in a professional and personable manner
- Board paper formatting and other legal document management
- Responding to all queries via email and/or phone
- Coordinating travel, including itineraries, visas and required approvals for domestic and international travel
- Monitoring and processing monthly expenses
- Providing all relevant supporting documentation for meetings in a timely manner
- Collaborating with your peers to ensure a seamless administrative service is provided across the Executive team
- Any ad hoc requirements as needed by the Enterprise Risk/Legal team
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have a passion for and prior experience as a Legal Secretary / PA / EA in a fast paced global environment
- Experience supporting senior leaders within a Legal function with a global technology or financial services organisation will be very highly regarded
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Gmail and the Google Suite
- High attention to detail and comfortable formatting important documents and reports, such as board papers
- Ability to learn quickly, open to taking directions and a demonstrated capability to execute on demands efficiently and autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to manage varied and conflicting demands, using a proactive attitude with minimum guidance
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team in a hybrid work environment
- Reliable, proactive and well organised
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.