We’re Oneflare! A technology start-up that’s changing the way businesses connect with the customers that need them most.
We do this through our convenient and easy to use platform, built by our creatively minded team who are passionate about innovation, engineering and product development. This is an exciting time to join Oneflare as we look towards a period of high growth.
About The Role
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for designing user-friendly and intuitive experiences that are desired by customers, feasible and deliver business value. Internally, you will be a user advocate and approach problem solving through the lens of our customers and businesses.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Managers to identify and validate problems and ideate potential solutions.
- Be a fierce advocate for our users
- Take a strategic and user-centred approach to design as you tackle complex problems. You must balance customer empathy with commercial awareness.
- Present design solutions, with a clear rationale as to how the solution solves a user or business problem.
- Work flexibly with stakeholders on solutions, seeking to understand their point of view, and finding middle grounds between user value, business value, technical feasibility and speed.
- Find, recommend and implement the most appropriate UX tools to grow our understanding of user behaviour through research, analytics and testing.
- Deepen stakeholders understanding of our users and help others see problems from a user perspective.
- Synthesise and share research findings to uncover user problems, identify pain-points and understand attitudes and user behaviours.
- Translate research findings into actionable product recommendations that improve the user experience.
- Leverage your research and knowledge of user pain-points to influence the broader product strategy.
- Communicate your ideas and solutions through collaborative whiteboarding, wireframes, user flows and journeys.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UI Designers and Developers to understand technical constraints and ensure complex journeys are understood and developed correctly.
- Recommend the right metrics to track, and research methods to use, in order to validate and refine product solutions.
On day one we'd expect you to have:
- At least 3 years experience, in a UX role designing for multi-platform systems (Responsive Web, iOS and Android) or equivalent past experience.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and a clear user-centred approach to design thinking.
- Experience planning and conducting user research including interviews, usability testing, guerilla testing, surveys and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Experience producing UX deliverables such journey maps and complex user flows which reflect a thorough understanding of the user's touchpoints.
- Proficiency in prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin and InVision.
- Experience testing and validating designs through rapid prototyping and usability testing.
- Experience mentoring junior designers.
- Thrive in an environment that requires independent self-direction, and timely execution as part of an agile team.
It would be great if you had:
- Facilitation and workshop skills.
- Understanding of UI patterns.
You will really succeed in this role if you have:
- A teamwork makes the dream work attitude - You’re willing to help your teammates out, share knowledge, and learn from them.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Are a storyteller with the ability to present user research and design recommendations compellingly and convincingly to the team and senior stakeholders.
- Are a diligent perfectionist who considers every possible outcome and scenario through complex user flows and aims to solve problems holistically.
Why should you work for us?
Guided by our values of Be Brave, Be Smart and Give a Sh!t, we welcome new ideas and are always looking for ways to be better for our customers, our businesses and each other.
As a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 company, we’re looking for people who are passionate about revolutionising the way Australians get things done.
You’ll be part of an environment where development, flexibility and recognition are the norm. Of course, additional perks include daily breakfasts, discounted services, bar fridge, healthy snacks, ping pong tournaments, hackathons and more.
Does this role sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please send us a preview of your portfolio with your application