From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity
As our business grows, so does our Compliance Team! We are currently seeking an accomplished Senior Manager, AML Programs to join us and provide program oversight and line two financial crime management support across our global Afterpay group. Along with focusing on overseeing Afterpay’s Global financial management programs, you will work with regional MLRO and Compliance Officers to align to global standards, and identify and implement opportunities for best practice across the Group. This is a permanent and full time position, reporting into our Global Head of Compliance.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining Afterpay’s Global Financial Crimes Management Programs and financial crime enterprise risk assessment processes
- Overseeing regional financial crime programs, working with local MLROs, Compliance Officers and line one owners on the development, maintenance and ongoing enhancement to relevant systems, processes and controls
- Providing subject matter expertise to the business as it relates to financial crime management and /or risk events
- Working with business lines and relevant functions to enhance awareness and educate on financial crime management mitigation strategies and options
- Advising internal management and business partners on the implementation of financial crime programs
- Reporting on financial crime risks, trends and key performance measures
- Supporting the business to drive a strong risk culture and awareness in day-to-day business decisions
- Extensive experience working in AML or broader financial crime management roles
- Experience working in high growth technology environments, preferably retail financial services or payments
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline.
- A strong understanding of AML/CTF/Financial crime legislation and operational requirements
- Experience working on Australia and New Zealand regulatory practices, experience and exposure to international regulatory obligations and practices will be highly regarded.
- You’re naturally passionate about the fight to prevent and disrupt financial crime
- You’ll have strong project management abilities, are confident and collaborative whilst being part of a team of like minded individuals
- Excellent problem solving abilities, along with the capacity to be creative but also strategic, ensuring solutions are relevant and sustainable