About the role
Producers have a wide range of skills in digital content production, conversion rate optimisation, data management, SEO and UX. Reporting into the Group Publisher, the Producer for Utilities and Insurance will play a key role in shaping the content and product for the Mobile Phones, Internet, Energy and Insurance niches.
You’re solution focused and hungry for success, you like to break things and are driven to present content in the best way possible and facilitate growth. You understand the power of SEO, and know how to reach the largest audience by leveraging every platform at your disposal. You’re passionate about using your skills to help make a real difference to the millions of Finder users.
- Conversion rate optimisation - Achieve content objectives through ideation, planning, A/B and multivariate testing and reporting. You will need to analyse performance data, make decisions and implement improvements to the user journey. You will also need to be able to report on and communicate the results to relevant stakeholders.
- Data analysis - You will know how to use web analytics tools including Google Analytics and Search Console to analyse the customer journey and identify opportunities for improvement. You’ll be regularly monitoring and reporting against key SEO metrics like impressions, traffic and bounce rate, and will be expected to have a mastery of these numbers at a page level for all the content you manage.
- Optimising and maintaining our product database - Work on our database to ensure that all data-points are reflected accurately for compliance, optimised for front-end display and integrated with any available APIs.
- Design - Using research, insights and data you will assist in the ideation and design of original features and functionality that simplify the user experience. This includes understanding best practice UX/UI principles.
- Collaboration and communication - You’ll collaborate with the rest of the Publishing and Editorial team (particularly the Publisher/Editor of your niches) to ensure that the content you ideate, produce and publish drives growth and the data is consistent, accurate and compliant. You’ll also work with the Client Services and Product teams to improve page design to increase conversion and optimise user experience.
- HTML/CSS - You’ll be expected to know the basics of how web pages work - and be willing to dive in and familiarise yourself even further. Intermediate front-end coding skills, or at least a good grasp of HTML and CSS are a big plus. We use html, CSS and Twig (a templating engine) to develop and test frontend comparison tools to better help our users. Don’t worry - we don’t want a fully fledged web developer, but we want someone who’s not afraid to roll up their sleeves and hone their technical skills.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Passion for digital production and the art of creating remarkable, innovative website content that meets user intent and is optimised for conversion
- 3+ years of digital content production experience
- Competence with HTML/CSS and the willingness to learn new technical skills to help push our content to the next level
- Incredible attention to detail and experience in leveraging large data sets for content production
- CMS experience, especially Wordpress
- Sound analytical and research skills
- A strong design aesthetic, familiarity with best practice UX/UI principles and the ability to understand and translate user needs
- Proactive with a bias towards taking initiative and seeing your ideas through to completion
- Ability to take action in the interest of improving our content and our user experience across our website
- Competitive, helpful and supportive attitude to our company’s goals
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.