Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
We have a remote-first culture, and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
How you can help make a better world of work
Culture Amp is looking for a unique and talented Risk Director to join the whole-of-business Security and Risk Team.
The Risk Director will analyse and build upon the risk management framework and ensure it's fit for purpose for culture and as we scale.
This role is the first of its kind within Culture Amp, you will have the opportunity to establish best practice for dynamic risk management function, and help to create and shape the risk culture across the business.
As part of this team of amazing humans,
- Provide expertise, leadership, guidance, and risk management support across the organisation and to embed organisation risk management principles into the way that we all work
- Develop and maintain the organisational risk management framework and strategy while promoting alignment across the company. Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur.
- Develop and maintain risk taxonomy, profiles, and assessments via the creation of artefacts. Performing risk assessments and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company.
- Oversee Culture Amp’s insurance and risk management program, assessing and identifying risks that could impede the reputation, safety, security, or financial success of Culture Amp.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and support to Risk Champions so that they can be effective in the management of risk profiles, controls, and assessment of risk
- Work closely with Executives and VP’s to progress risk thinking business wide and to establish the level of risk the company are willing to take
- Preparing risk management and insurance budgets
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience and explaining the external risk posed by corporate governance to stakeholders
- Overseeing and creating business continuity plans to limit risks
- Implementing health and safety measures, and purchasing insurance
- Maintaining records of insurance policies and claims
- Reviewing any new major contracts or internal business proposals
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company
- Strong risk management expertise for strategic, operational, and project risks.
- Experience working in a SAAS / Cloud business with data protection at the core of what the business does.
- Familiarity with technology risk and cyber security risk
- Experience with various privacy and security frameworks and accreditations like ISO 27,000, NIST, GDPR, and SOC2
- Understanding of enterprise risk management methods and techniques to drive successful outcomes in globally distributed environment
- Working knowledge of cloud computing technologies and risks with distributed technology environments
- Growth mindset who is passionate to learn and consider flexible ways to manage risk with the business
- Must work well independently and with others as part of larger team and be able to collaborate on cross-functional teams
- A lateral thinker with a keen eye for detail and you naturally analyze assumptions
- Comfortable in ambiguity
- Commercial awareness and strong numerical skills
- Planning and organisational skills and ability to understand broader business issues
- Communication and presentation skills
- Great at communicating with both technical and non-technical people
- Good at finding edge cases and loopholes in business logic
- Thorough & meticulous
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.