Australian business owners are entrepreneurial, driven and passionate individuals. Yet when they seek the merchant services they need to operate and grow their businesses, there is a distinct lack of support and transparency from the banks. Unfortunately, there has been no better alternative – until now.
At Zeller, we’re taking on the incumbents with a suite of products that redefine business banking. Our founding team broke away from some of the biggest names in banking and tech to solve the pain points millions of business owners suffer through every day: frustrating wait times, confusing contracts, hidden fees, and clunky tech, to name a few. This mission piqued the interest of renowned VCs, which led to one of the largest pre-launch funding rounds Australia has ever seen.
After quietly working away for over a year, we publicly released Zeller on 4 May 2021 – it’s everything business owners need to accept payments, manage their finances, and pay recipients, all in one box. Now, our sights are firmly set on an exciting roadmap of new, innovative products to help Australian businesses grow even further.
Come join us as we level the playing field for Australian businesses. Our story has just begun.
We are well on our way to delivering the better financial and payment products Australian business deserves and we are looking for a Technical Digital Project Manager to accelerate our product scoping and delivery.
The role will be working as the bridge between the business, our financial services partners and product owners to develop epics, user stories and acceptance criteria all while ensuring the voice of the customer is heard throughout sprints.
You will enjoy the fun of rolling out a product from scratch, building to best practices, and cutting edge technology, not limited to incumbent systems.
- Thrive on solving problems in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Loves challenging the status-quo
- Ability to work autonomously yet collaboratively
- Fast learner, humble and loves to share knowledge
- Calm and exercises a positive level of stress in exceptional circumstances such as; production issues, timeline requirements
- A "can do" attitude
Roles Responsibilities and Experiences
- An expert in capturing data and system flows in complex technical info-structures; you are familiar with concepts such as event-streaming and Data BI
- Have led workshops with technical and non-technical stakeholders to accurately capture process maps and requirements
- Have an eye for detail and are able to ‘drill-in’ to minutia but are able to synthesize information
- Have effective knowledge of computer software engineering practices including development lifecycles - understanding modern coding languages and architecture is a plus!
- Understand the bigger picture and what product levers will drive growth, cost, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Disaggregate business and technology problems into solvable sprints of work/project scope
- Have experience working across multiple time zones and cultures
- Can effectively prioritise work to drive outcomes
- Experience launching new products or features
- Experience with project management software is a must - we use Jira!
- Experience working in Agile teams and delivery processes
Qualifications and Experience
- 4+ years as a BA or project manager in banking and finance or digital agency
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree
- Experience in working within a high-growth / startup environment
- Understanding the payments ecosystem
- Coding background
What’s in it for you
- Be part of something big from the outset
- Watch your work be put up in lights
- A balanced, progressive and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary
- A package which includes equity from an early stage
- Join a rapidly growing team with opportunities to grow and develop your career wherever your passions and skills take you