Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As one of Afterpay’s Relationship Managers, you’ll grow and expand our key fashion partnerships across a defined portfolio of Fashion retailers both online and instore, and exceed profitability targets for Afterpay and our partners. We are looking for someone who will effectively run a business within the Afterpay ANZ business. You will lead the direction and evolution of our fashion strategies and own the growth and development of your portfolio; identifying opportunities for establishing best practices that scale across the wider business. This is a permanent fulltime opportunity.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Grow and develop long term profitable partnerships that deliver for our Merchants, our Customers and Afterpay. From top-line growth, right through to unit economics you’ll focus on building a sustainable and profitable business
- Be the Afterpay fashion expert working closely with the Marketing function to showcase Afterpay as the number one BNPL player in the fashion space. This will be through Merchant engagement for events both Afterpay led and industry-led (fashion week etc.)
- Lead C-level external and internal engagement and stakeholder management. This role is about truly leading and managing complex relationships and engaging internally and externally to build advocacy
- Manage a complex portfolio and lead the development and analysis of the overall portfolio and its performance. You’ll develop, negotiate and execute our multi-year account plans in conjunction with our strategic partners, and lead the evolution of our pricing and contract renewal process that establishes clear and measurable ROI models for Afterpay and its partners
- Deliver a proactive customer growth strategy to drive merchant usage, satisfaction, and revenue growth across our current contracts and new opportunities
- Develop and refine our Merchant Value proposition instore and online. Establish clear marketing best practices, optimisation strategies and expansion plans with our partners and monitor performance
- Identify and help scale best practices across a variety of areas including Operations, Risk Management, Staff Training, Visual merchandising and Marketing plans
- Lead Merchant advocacy within the Afterpay business. Foster cross-functional engagement internally across Sales, Marketing, Product, Legal, - Risk and Operations to ensure our product and offering continues to evolve and exceed both our merchants and their customers’ expectations
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a client-facing Sales/Account Management/Customer Success role
- Fashion industry experience in a client-facing/relationship management role is essential
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Your Event management/coordination experience will be well regarded
- You have excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to manage complex enterprise relationships
- Your experience in an eCommerce or scale-up environment with global operations will be highly regarded
- Your experience with B2B sales and franchises will be tested
- You’re comfortable effectively managing a complex portfolio while delivering top results
- You have a track record of identifying opportunities and seizing them
- Your Programme and Project management experience will be highly regarded
- You’ve built out Go-to-Market plans and programmes that deliver strong results and scale
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.