Are you passionate about the science behind wireless systems? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s fastest semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
You will be responsible for bench evaluation and validation of the silicon chips designed at Morse Micro. You will be checking that our chips meet all functional and performance specifications. This will involve working closely with the design engineers to understand and debug designs.
- Validation of circuits against design specifications
- Creation of comprehensive test plans
- Compilation of test reports detailing measurement procedures and results
- Automation of bench test equipment
- Support of product engineers for characterisation, correlation & production test
- Support of design engineers for circuit de-bug and evaluation
- Support QA programs; ESD, Burn In, Latch up etc
What we’re looking for:
- Wireless test engineer with 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience taking wireless chips to mass production
- MSc or PhD in Electrical / Electronics / Communications Engineering
- A good understanding of wireless systems (OFDM, receiver, transmitter, PLL etc)
- Experience taking bench measurements such as; noise figure, EVM, distortion etc.
- A good understanding of programming/scripting languages such as Python and ability to automate bench measurements
- Familiarity with a GNU/Linux environment
- Familiarity with the IEEE 802.11 standard
- Familiarity with FPGA and IC design flows from Xilinx, Cadence or Synopsys and digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and thorough methodical work style
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as git
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- The capacity to think for oneself
Check out what it is like to work for us:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
Who we are:
Morse Micro is a fabless semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet.
A note to recruitment agencies - We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.