How you can help make a better world of work
Culture Amp is a rapidly growing company empowering our customers to build Culture First companies. Our market-leading, category-defining Engagement product has been the engine of our success. In 2019 we added an award winning performance management solution to our portfolio. These two products together enable us to deliver highly differentiated, powerful and industry-leading capabilities to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead to lead our Data Services team in our Engage Camp (Camp’s are what we call our product teams). The Engage Data Services team is responsible for building and supporting a stable, scalable and future proof data backbone that will help connect and grow the Engage platform. This role is a key part of enabling us to scale from helping improve the world of work for 25 million to 100 million people.
This new team will own the design and execution of building out a new data publishing platform. Taking learnings from our past endeavours, you will help shape the future of how we publish and deliver survey data to the rest of our Engage and the Culture Amp platform.
As part of the Engage Camp, you will be part of a group of experienced technical leaders who are already leveraging areas such as serverless, event sourcing and distributed event-driven microservices to evolve our overall technical architecture.
This is a Team Lead role that consists of three key areas: People Leadership, Technical Leadership and Delivery. You will lead your engineers by helping to solve complex problems and remove blockers so they can do their best work!
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, which are remote-friendly, and all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You will be surrounded by talented engineers, and a cross-functional team including product management, design and delivery.
In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Design innovative technical solutions which balance tradeoffs to deliver on business needs.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions with your team, peers, and other stakeholders.
- Mentor and develop a team of engineers, fostering their growth into future technical leaders.
- Prioritise the product roadmap, sequence initiatives, and share timelines with stakeholders.
- Collaborate across a cross-functional team to work out and achieve technical and product vision goals
- Solid understanding of systems architecture and programming, preferably in Ruby or Kotlin.
- Experience leading the building of and maintaining complex applications with legacy code and tech debt.
- Experience leading the building of infrastructure to publish data to a centralised Kafka cluster (highly desirable, but not essential).
- Experience managing stakeholders and leading engineers, complemented by strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A technical leader with the technical skills needed to coach, grow and empower engineers.
- A leader who is comfortable leading and contributing to technical discussions and who is able to make and defend technical decisions.
- Open to receiving feedback and giving feedback to help others grow.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism https://www.cultureamp.com/antiracism/
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!