At Reejig, we put people at the centre and help companies around the world create the future of work. We foster a culture that is mutually respectful and rewarding, where everyone is a hero of their domain whilst simultaneously adding value to the tribe. Our culture is constructed around our core values – Inclusive, Ambitious, Ethical and Exceptional – which governs how we behave.
Reejig is looking for an ambitious and hard-working Data Scientist to join the tribe! The Data Scientist is a systematic innovator who is able to utilise their statistical, machine learning, programming and analytical expertise and skills to transform big data into meaningful insights. He/she will be able to work autonomously and collaboratively with other data developers, data engineers and software engineers to meet personal, team and company goals.
As a Data Scientist, your work objectives include:
- Being a reliable, subject-matter expert of data and big data technologies, creating reliable data pipelines to map, produce, transform and test data
- Communicating effectively and clearly with other team members, assisting them with subject-matter queries and resolving problems
- Staying up-to-date with the latest technology and data science practices to optimise result output and increase understanding of complicated data
- Maintaining and promoting standard and ethical data science practices and methodologies when working on Reejig's data
Your job responsibilities include:
- Exploring the data-set and providing interesting and useful insights that can be easily communicated to the rest of the team
- Working collaboratively with team members to design and develop the data architecture
- Understanding and identifying internal and external data sources, then being able to leverage the data collection process
- Analysing and selecting appropriate AI machine learning algorithms
- Assisting in building a robust and reliable data pipeline to allow for mapping, producing, transforming and testing data
- Utilising innovative data analysis methods to resolve difficult problems by identifying unseen patterns or building statistical models
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Data Science, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant qualification
- Proven experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics including correlation analysis, regression, simulation, modelling, clustering, decision trees and neural networks
- Strong problem solving skills, utilising data science methodologies
- Confidence in scripting with SQL and at least one of the following: Python, R, Scala, Java, C#
- Knowledge and experience in text mining and natural Language Processing techniques
- Experience with Big Data framework such as Spark, Storm, Hive etc.
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, Redshift, RDS, EMR, Athena, etc
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, DGL, etc
Reejig is dedicated to maintaining a safe, healthy and energetic work-space where every tribe member feels comfortable to collaborate and work hard. We offer competitive wages and the opportunity to be part of our tight-knit tribe!