Curio, a leading education consulting and learning experience company, works with universities, vocational education providers, schools and companies to drive change through learning. Our Digital team specialises in the online learning transformation of many of our clients through a focus on building exceptional learning experiences. Curio is a fast-growing company with a presence in Australia, Asia and the United Kingdom.
We seek a creative, curious, and energetic Senior Designer (graphic/visual) to join our growing Digital team. There is an immediate need to be hands on and delivering work. You’ll be working with a small creative team, mentoring and helping expand the team’s digital capabilities.
In this role you will have the opportunity to showcase your creativity and share proactive ideas across a range of projects. This is an ideal role to develop and grow your career in one of Australia’s most exciting education organisations.
Your passion for producing creative media shines through in everything you do. You like to challenge yourself and clients. But also know when you need to focus to deliver to timelines as a member of a high performing team. Being a hands-on digital designer, you will be ready to hit the ground running and have the ability to shift your focus between brands and outputs. You will deliver convincing, functional and engaging visual and digital experiences through a broad range of assets and projects.
Skills and experience
- At least 6 years experience working in a graphic design, visual design role or similar
- At least 3 years of agency experience
- Familiar with a range of digital competencies from illustration, info-graphics, graphic design, video and multimedia.
- Proven project management skills, including organisational and time management skills, as well as the ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite Skills, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other tools such as Sketch, Miro, InVision or Figma
- Previous experience leading a small team of designers
- Create unique ideas and develop concepts that reflect the objectives of a creative brief.
- Deliver high quality designs for a variety of client projects (including images, info-graphics, animations and other media)
- Basic video editing and basic motion graphics
- Work with the creative team to ensure a productive and well-resourced hub exists that delivers work to the highest standard
- Manage the creative team in the delivery of key assets and projects
- Help set processes and standards for the creative team
- Contribute to various company and platform brand assets, campaign and promotional material
Behaviours and attitudes
- A passionate, performance-driven self-starter
- Adaptable attitude who enjoys working in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a cross-functional team
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Attention to detail
- Strong visual and verbal communication, competent written communication
- Strong ability to listen actively, influence and negotiate with stakeholders
- Able to self-manage day to day, whilst working closely with the team to coordinate broader workflow
- Proactive learner and a desire to take on new projects
- Keeps up to date with the latest thinking and technologies relating to digital design
- Work with a collegial digital team of highly skilled experts in a fast-growing education organisation
- A flexible work environment utilising industry best practice in delivering education and learning
- An opportunity to make a genuine difference to the design of online and hybrid experiences that transform and empower learners
- Significant career advancement opportunities as Curio grows
- Opportunity to work with a range of world leading education and corporate clients
- $100 monthly technology allowance
- Generous parental leave policy