At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Planning team is an eclectic mix of strategic problem-solvers and creative analytical thinkers who love product. Our Planners analyse and forecast financial and product trends, review the performance of our products, and make sure that sufficient stock is available. They also work with brands and suppliers to negotiate price structures, delivery dates, specific merchandise requirements and contracts so that we continue to meet our goals. They are key in rolling out company-wide projects and have a keen eye for process improvement and streamlining – they are dedicated to efficiency and love the numbers.
So, who are we actually looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Planner to join forces with our current category Planning teams to provide ongoing partnership and support to our busy buying teams. Our Planners have excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and of course detailed knowledge of Excel.
Here is a flavour of what you will be doing:
- Work closely with buying teams to develop and implement a department strategy to drive sales and maximize profit
- Review in season and postseason performance, giving recommendations of areas to focus on, grow and decline
- Manage direct reports workload and priorities, meeting both specific planning and department deadlines
- Manage a detailed WSSI, own the forecasting and present in reforecast meetings
- Strive for optimal profit by managing stock margins of items into and out of the business
- Collaborate with buying & marketing to trial new categories, products and brands
- Conduct in depth competitor shops and market analysis. Utilise tools such as Web Analytics to understand potential brand reach. Present findings and draws conclusions and actions from this analysis
- Build strong relationships with key brands and form relationships within the industry to gain insights on performance and strategy
- You have a thorough understanding of systems, merchandising processes and tasks, with an approach of best practice.
- A proactive attitude, always looking to improve processes or bring increased efficiencies to your work.
- Confident communicator with the ability to adapt your style depending on your audience.
- A true team player with experience mentoring or training junior team mates
- Works well under pressure and able to manage changing priorities in your workload
- Develops a comprehensive knowledge of systems and processes and internal/external impacts on them
- Has an excellent understanding of retail math and Excel
- Understands how a WSSI works and how it is used to keep track of department KPIs.
- Uses the WSSI to review STD trade and identify any concerns/anomalies with the forecast by reviewing the BTA. Suggests actions to keep trade on track to achieve/ exceed KPIs
- Embodies our ICONIC Principles
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.