HotDoc is a Melbourne based company, which was founded in 2012. We started out as a humble Online Bookings company, but we’ve since evolved into a Patient Engagement platform, which helps 5m+ patients and 18,000+ health professionals communicate more effectively and build stronger relationships.
What's in it for you?
As a UX Designer you will help define and build products that have a real world impact on people’s health. You’ll be working in a fast growing team on a product already in use by millions of people every month. You will design products you can be proud of, and that our users love.
Our team takes a highly collaborative approach to the entire product delivery process. You’ll be working side by side with Product Managers and Developers while you talk to medical centres and patients to uncover their needs.
What will you be doing?
the patient experience of interacting with healthcare providers. You’ll be tasked with exploring new ways for patients to discover, book, and stay engaged with a diverse range of healthcare practitioners.
- Identifying how customers can best schedule patients into their appointment book
- Understanding the patient lifecycle from new to returning to deliver the best health outcomes
- Conducting research on how people discover and interact with healthcare providers across Australia
- Helping our customers deliver the best possible patient experience at every touchpoint
To achieve this you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating closely with designers, product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to solve complex challenges and craft meaningful and intuitive experiences that highlight our products’ capabilities
- Performing user research and customer discovery, through interviews, contextual inquiry sessions, ethnographic studies and usability testing
- Using qualitative analysis to drive design solutions and enhance performance metrics
- Synthesising and sharing research insights to stakeholders and the product team
- Translating UX research to ideate and refine experiences to meet product goals
- Creating personas, journey maps, information architecture, wireframes, service blueprints, or relevant deliverables that express how users interact with the products
What you must have to apply for this role
- UX, design, or related degree/training from recognised training providers like Brainmates or General Assembly
- 2+ years of professional and related UX experience
- Ability to know your way around prototyping tools like Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Experience conducting user research & testing activities (e.g. customer interviews, usability testing, remote testing)
- Successful delivery of end-to-end product design on projects from ideation to Production
What are the skills we are looking for?
We’re looking for someone who loves the challenge of turning research into highly organised artefacts that the entire Product team can use to create amazing products. Our ideal candidate will:
- Love talking to customers and diving deep into the way they work and the challenges faced in healthcare
- Create thorough user journeys, wireframes, and other artefacts that consider the many ways users will interact with our product
- Keep the team involved throughout the journey with workshops that harness the knowledge of our customer success, product, and marketing teams
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate
- You’re a socially conscious person who wants to be in a role that positively impacts Australian healthcare
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- You’re passionate about technology, health IT and/or SaaS
What do our employees love about working for HotDoc?
- We are an employee first company - to provide the best possible patient experience, we need to look out for our employees
- You will have the flexibility to work from our office which is full of natural light, lush greenery and a balcony that overlooks the Yarra River and to work from the comfort of your home.
- We have drinks on our balcony every Friday night.
- Our kitchen is full of fresh fruit, snacks, Kombucha & serious coffee machine. We have free breakfast on a Monday and free lunch on Fridays.
- Your calendar is pretty full here - we have monthly events (think beer tasting, cooking & painting master classes) that you can enjoy from the office or the comfort of your own home & movie nights, book clubs, guest speakers.
- Access to a fortnightly fItness subsidies, yearly mindfulness subsidy, 2x weekly in-house yoga sessions, health coaching and access to nutrition and exercise advice.
- Access to a dedicated clinical psychologist through our Employee Assistance Program.
Watch a video about what it is like to work at HotDoc here
HotDoc is a place where you can be you.
We celebrate diversity at HotDoc and completed a Census in 2020 which is our first step to transparently reporting on diversity data gathered annually from all employees.
We welcome applications of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you would like to find out more about our Census results and how we celebrate diversity, please click here.