Are you an experienced microelectronics lab technician and tester? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices?
Morse Micro is Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor company that is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. You will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
As our Electronics Lab Technician & Tester you will be based at Morse Micro Headquarters in Sydney and play a key supportive role across all chip design, firmware and systems teams by performing essential electronics technical lab work. This role consists of conducting essential testing during the morning shift, commencing work at 5:00am from Tuesday - Saturday. Please note, additional hours may also be required outside of normal working hours.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting across the chip design, firmware and systems teams with their laboratory technical work
- Gather and interpret specifications for construction and modification of electronics assemblies and test systems
- Make or modify electronics and custom test rigs based on needs and specifications
- Documentation of procedures, and analysis of electronics tests results including failures
- Day-to-day management of the Morse Micro electronics lab including keeping the laboratory in efficient working order
You must have (Essential skills and experience you must have):
- Minimum 2 years experience in an electronics laboratory environment
- Tertiary qualification in Electronics (TAFE or University)
- Experienced with electronic test and measurement equipment including, but not limited to oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, function generators, and meters
- Ability to gather and interpret specifications for construction/modification of electronics
- Expert communicator and active listener
- Highly organised individual with a passion for keeping an outstanding laboratory environment
- Can do attitude and resolve to complete high quality work in time constrained situations
Bonus skills (if you have those you can stand out among the crowd, don’t sweat it if you don’t):
- Experience designing electronic circuits for test characterisation and various prototypes
- Experience with electronic component selection for board and module design, especially for Wireless communications
- Experience with data analysis using any language/tool like Python, R, Sheets/Excel, JMP, etc
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Office perks such as stocked drinks fridge, snack bar and barista coffee
- Newly fitted-out offices, with a relaxed, friendly work environment
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining you relevant experience and why you want to join Morse Micro!