We are ROLLER
Want to make it simple for people to have fun?
ROLLER is a cloud solution used by theme parks, water parks, museums, trampoline parks, climbing centres and many other exciting businesses to sell more than 50 million tickets last year in over 20 countries. Our POS, self-service kiosk, online checkout, mobile apps and a variety of business management tools are used to manage ticketing, payments, capacity, staff and guest experiences.
What you'll do
As a front end developer, your day to day tasks will consist of analysing product requirements, identifying technical approaches, making practical choices among multiple solutions and writing maintainable code.
You will work closely with our designers and back-end teams to make our software magical by:
- Building and enhancing the user interfaces of our suite of Angular apps
- Improving the efficiency and familiarity of user experience via design systems and reusable components
- Applying a pragmatic lens to designs to collaborate with designers to maximise user outcomes with available resources
- Leveraging your experience and interest as we chart towards the use of Progressive Web Apps to evolve our apps
We are a team of people that are always motivated and inspired by the positive impacts we bring to our customers and our industry, successful members of the ROLLER product team are:
- Extensively experienced in designing and implementing software solutions.
- Self-starters who discover practical solutions to hard problems and enjoy minimizing complexity along the way.
- Curious and thrive on being involved, with a desire to collaborate with teammates distributed across nations and timezones.
- Egoless, team-oriented people focused on successful outcomes.
- Love learning new things and encourage others to learn and share.
- You want to do the best work of your life with other like-minded people.
As a Front-end Developer you have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern HTML and CSS including pre-processors (SCSS, LESS)
- Commercial experience with Angular/AngularJS
- The ability to write CSS in an explicit and portable manner with correct selector intent
- Ability to review the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Understands cross-device and browser compatibility
- Proficient use of Figma, Sketch, Invision or equivalent applications
- Front end build tools such as Gulp.js, Bower, or Grunt.
- Git version control.
Other bonus skills applicable to the role include:
- A knowledge or grasp of OOCSS - Experience with Inuit or the BEM architecture will be looked upon highly
- Experience working with Component Library tooling and/or design systems
- Experience with transitional and feedback animations
- Experience in working with modern, cloud based architectures, RESTful APIs, event-driven services and serverless tools
- Focus on continuous delivery and automated deployments, experience with CI/CD
Life at ROLLER
We are dedicated to creating an exceptional, flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, improve it, put your stamp on it! But don't take our word for it - check out our Glassdoor reviews
Where you’ll work
The Product team is predominantly based in Melbourne, however, this opportunity is relevant to candidates located in any region within UTC +8 to +12. Employees are able to work from home or we can organise space in a suitable co-working facility.
- Work on an exciting product, in a fun, high growth industry, that clients really love - check our Capterra and G2 reviews.
- Work from home allowance.
- Access to your own Pluralsight subscription to continue improving your skills.
- Regular events, fun social sessions and a full employee assistance program to actively support our team's health and wellbeing.
- Work with a driven, fun and switched on team that works and plays hard.
- Genuine career growth opportunities as we continue to expand.
Having fun is at the core of both our mission and culture. Whilst ROLLER is a young and energetic company, we’re actually 10 years old, profitable and backed by highly successful private equity investors that have funded multiple other unicorn businesses.
Our market opportunity (TAM) is $3B annual recurring revenue and we’re growing fast, awarded Deloitte Tech Fast 50 2019. We’re on track to achieve our 2030 goal of $200m annual recurring revenue [just 8% of TAM] - yep that's a unicorn🦄
We’ve weathered the eye of the COVID storm, retaining our entire team, grew our customer base whilst and procured critical people, processes and systems to grow exponentially in 2021 and beyond.
Find out more about ROLLER.