Our customers are at the centre of everything that we do. We want them to love coming to Catch and have the best possible experience. Our UX researcher is a true advocate of the user to understand exactly what it is they want and implement it! We listen and we make things happen.
What does a normal day look like for our Catch UX folk? Well we don’t do normal! We do awesome every day.
In this role a normal day might go something like this:
- You walk in the morning, get your coffee, open your laptop and put on your headphones to review your customer interview sessions
- As you capture your findings from the qualitative research, you mark down opportunities to cross-reference screen recording data or questions to quantify the impact of the problem or opportunity
- While watching the session recording of the page in question, you identify a quick win that can easily be resolved with your product manager
- You spend the rest of the day shadowing the customer service team, where you listen to phone calls and go over tickets - to better understand your users and their needs.
- You capture your observations throughout the day to discuss with the UX team and prioritise opportunities and actions lightning fast.
The role will include:
- Assist the product team with identifying important UX opportunities for core and new features to deliver customer and business value on website, mobile website, and apps.
- Conduct interviews, workshops, card sorting and other UX activities to better identify user needs and pain points. Communicate those findings to the greater team to facilitate user focus discussions and feature development.
- Conduct heuristic evaluation of the site as well as conversion optimisation analysis based on common practices.
- Define surveys to identify user needs, issues, and segments based on an analysis of user needs and a collaboration with the product and the business.
- Possess technical understanding of our systems and business, so you will be able to recommend UX enhancements with a high ROI.
- Conduct UAT in staging and production for newly developed and deployed changes to ensure the UX journey is implemented as per optimal UX within scope.
You’re a detail oriented person, who notices things that people say or do (or do not say or do) to fill in gaps and paint a picture of the Customer, User, Seller, or Employee to inspire constant improvement.
Collaboration and constant communication is very important in this role. There are many interesting projects and studies underway and in a high performing product and tech team, we can move quickly to test recommendations and improve our customer experience.
At Catch, we love what we do and we put the customer at the heart of everything.
Our UX Researchers are specialists in Customer Testing and continual UX evaluation of our live and prototype product and service experiences.
- Usability testing across different platforms and devices
- Advanced usability evaluation techniques
- Heuristic evaluation experience with defining benchmarks and measuring against them
- A/B testing and analytics experience (nice to have)
- Research study design within time and technical constraints
- Usage of screen recording tools and heatmaps to infer opportunities or areas to discover
- Working with stakeholders to address UX and research requirements
- Working within cross-functional teams (Customer Service, BI, Dev, Design, Product)
- Conducting workshops, user interviews and information architecture research techniques
- Writing surveys/questionnaires & analysing results
- Designing and presenting (point to solution(s)) use cases, mockups and wireframes (essential)
- Presenting engaging recommendations based on your research and that of your teammates
- Collaborative synthesis and co-design techniques to influence
- Pragmatic and actionable recommendations
- eCommerce industry
- Stakeholder management
- Project management skills
Sounds like you’d be a good fit? Well check out what we provide our passionate people:
- An organisation that is undergoing incredible growth
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organisation as well!
- An organisation that truly does what some call ‘work/life’ balance (we just say live your life)
- Employee benefits like discounted gym membership, Kmart discount card, free parking, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, in house learning and development, monthly lunches plus loads more…