Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
As part of the Xero Internal IT team you will ensure all cloud and internal systems are operationaland highly available. You will be a systems expert within Internal IT; providing expertise, guidance and incident response to other Systems and Security team members and the wider Internal IT team with regards to the various cloud and internal systems and software we support . You will work very closely with our Architecture team, Workplace Experience team and 3rd party vendors to deliver new projects and ensure we continue to grow at scale. As a senior member you will guide and mentor others in the Engineering Team so they can continue to build their knowledge and experience.
What you’ll do
• Administer and monitor our cloud and internal systems such as servers, SaaS software, identity management systems, productivity suites and laptop/mobile device management systems
• Plan, adapt and secure our cloud and internal systems infrastructure to meet the ever-changing business and security requirements
• Assist with onboarding of new cloud and internal systems and initiatives from our Architecture team
• Play a pivotal role in delivering cloud and internal infrastructure for our new and existing offices globally
• Patch critical systems vulnerabilities and security threats as they arise
• Assist with network administration and maintenance as and when required
• Develop and document policies and procedures for consistent systems management, methodologies, and standards
• Manage major systems incidents with our wider team for quick resolutions
• Give input and direction into project work when required
• Manage relationships with vendors and 3rd parties
• Act as a final point of escalation for system decisions and incidents
• Mentor other team members so they can continue to develop their knowledge in systems
• Participate in a 24x7 On-Call roster.
Success looks like
Cloud and internal systems are stable, available and reliable for our staff. Systems incidents are dealt with in a swift manner and measures are put into place before any serious issues arise. You will be a go-to person for systems questions and issues within the Internal IT team and act as a gatekeeper for our production environment. Your guidance and input will ensure our cloud and internal systems are clearly documented, supportable and scalable as Xero continues to grow.
Experience needed for this role
• You’ll possess a Computer Science degree or have 3-5 years experience in a cloud systems focused role with relevant industry certifications
• You’ll already be working in a cloud/ internal systems team in a corporate environment and your responsibilities will include
◦ Administering cloud delivered technologies such as Azure, G-Suite, Okta and Slack
◦ Working with mobile device management systems such as SSCM/InTune and JAMF Pro
◦ Monitoring systems infrastructure for high availability, capacity and reliability
◦ Delivering projects
• Xero is a dynamic company - you’ll have a track record as a team player in a fast-paced environment leveraging your problem solving ability, multi-tasking and people skills to ensure that systems are fully operational and highly available.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.