This role can be based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane!
Dubber is a successful Aussie technology start-up, founded in 2011 by three friends who wanted to solve how expensive it was to record business conversations and make it easier to retrieve recording data. Fast forward to today, and Dubber is ASX listed, one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies globally and the world leader in unified call recording and voice AI cloud offerings. Our headquarters are in Melbourne, with offices in Sydney and Brisbane, as well as in the UK and USA.
We believe the Dubber journey has just begun and that this is a great time for you to join us. We’re in an exciting growth phase, and you have an opportunity to help us scale and mature the business on a foundation of strong values and a clear strategy.
The Platform Engineering team at Dubber is a group of talented cloud professionals – we build, run and operate secure and efficient cloud infrastructure platforms and tools at scale. Together, we focus on automating everything and abstracting away complexity to make it easier for product engineering teams to deliver value to customers more quickly.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager in Australia to lead a distributed team, modernising and maintaining infrastructure platforms and tools in a multi-cloud environment across many geographies.
You’ll play a vital role as a technology leader in shaping and delivering Dubber’s multi-cloud strategy and roadmap. However, your most significant responsibility will be looking after the people in your team by creating a safe and inclusive environment for everyone to grow, learn, and thrive whilst achieving individual and team goals.
At Dubber, you’ll help shape the direction of cloud foundations for a global SaaS company. You will:
- Build and develop the platform engineering team culture and capability to support operating cloud infrastructure platforms at scale for Dubber’s global customer base.
- Collaborate with people across technology and product to shape and evolve Dubber’s multi-cloud strategy.
- Continuously improve and raise our standard of engineering excellence by adopting best practices and experimenting with different approaches.
- Play a key role in delivering value to customers more quickly by improving tooling and processes for product engineers.
- You enjoy communicating and collaborating with others.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity, relish challenges and are comfortable working across team boundaries.
- You have experience leading and building distributed technical teams.
- You enjoy developing others and helping them achieve their goals.
- You have a passion for all things cloud and automation.
- You’ve worked in a public cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP or other).
- You’re familiar with highly-automated environments deployed through Infrastructure as Code (using Terraform or similar).
- You’ll (ideally) have a former technical background and experience in agile software delivery.
- You’re able to drive technical strategy and foster innovation with purpose.
- You know about coding and security best practices and are a vocal advocate for improving quality.
- You are capable of delivering technical projects and understand the importance of balancing tactical and strategic trade-offs to achieve business objectives.
- You understand the importance of addressing customer issues and have experience running critical production systems.
- You have experience managing costs in a highly dynamic cloud environment.
Why should you join Dubber?
Dubber offers a competitive salary and share options for everyone, which drives our ownership culture. We’re one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, which means there are always opportunities to learn, grow, and gain valuable experience. With offices across the world, our people are part of a global team! Dubber has a hybrid working model so you can work from home and from our offices in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane.
Inclusion is important to us, and we’re committed to an environment in which everyone can thrive, and support each other to pursue our common goal: to unleash the potential in every conversation. We like to keep things fun, so we run regular team events and celebrations that you can be part of whether you're working remotely or in the office. Check out our website to see why our team love being Dubsters
We will be reviewing applications as they come in so don't wait to apply! Reach out to [email protected] for a confidential chat or if you have any questions.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.