Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Senior Finance Business Partner (Payments), you’ll act as the lead Finance Business Partner to the Payments Product Group.
The Payments Product Group is responsible for commercial and operational management of some of Afterpay’s largest costs and includes responsibility for some of Afterpay’s largest vendor relationships by value and volume of transactions. The Payments Product Group plays a key role in Afterpay’s global expansion and new product innovation, including the recent launch and continued evolution of the Afterpay Card.
In this role you will be considered an integral member of the Payments Product Group, helping to shape the strategic future of this part of the business through leading financial insights, decision support, and process improvement.
This position will be responsible for and measured against four key pillars: Commercial Analysis and Execution, Performance Management, Strategic planning, budgets and forecasts, and Continuous Improvement.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Own and define how Afterpay thinks about the financial impact of payments-related costs by developing a deep understanding of business drivers and rate structures across markets and vendors
- Influence Afterpay’s decisions on new vendor arrangements, new product initiatives, and global expansion opportunities by providing subject matter expertise on the financial impacts to payments
- Develop complex financial models to influence decision making, including defining and sourcing raw data requirements through working with Payments Analytics and conducting scenario analyses
- Prepare business cases and other documentation to facilitate proposals and required approvals
- Lead the operationalisation of finance requirements to deliver targeted outcomes for Payments-related initiatives, including how to report, track, and account for approved initiatives by bringing together key stakeholders, developing new processes, and embedding accountabilities
- Work with Financial Control to accurately record monthly results for processing costs and issuing costs. Analyse monthly results to identify root cause drivers and provide meaningful commentary.
- Design, produce, and provide effective financial management reports to Executive leadership and key stakeholders within the Payments Product Group
- Lead the annual budget for Processing Costs and Issuing Costs, coordinating with the Payments Product Group, Analytics, and other key stakeholders
- Deliver the financial story related to the Budget and identify risks and opportunities
- Participate in long-term strategic planning as it relates to Payments-related considerations
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives related to financial processes in managing processing and issuing costs. Drive collaboration and step-change amongst Finance, Analytics, and Payments team to improve insights and ways of working
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Finance Business Partner who is an open-minded and quick learner, a strategic thinker that can also operationalise, is hands-on and willing to roll up their sleeves to solve problems, and has an appreciation of what it means to work in fast-growing, complex, international businesses.
- You will likely have developed your grounding and cut your teeth in transaction/corporate advisory, investment banking, or management consulting before moving in-house to hone your commercial nous
- You will have advanced financial modelling skills and be very comfortable working with large amounts of raw data with the ability to simplify complex data and models into succinct and clear messages
- You are passionate about working closely with your stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the business you support and work closely alongside the Payments team to establish yourself as a trusted advisor and deliver exceptional value and insights to the business
- Experience supporting Payments (Acquiring and Issuing) businesses and a detailed knowledge of the complexities of this space would be very highly regarded but not essential
- Experience in sourcing, analysing, and reporting on raw data sources would be highly regarded
- You have strong self-awareness and a willingness to grow and develop personally, professionally, and as part of an evolving team of international colleagues
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply:We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.