Our world is built by individuals who work every day in the trenches of harsh environments to ensure top-notch craftsmanship and world-class infrastructure for our communities and our cities. At Assignar, our vision is to empower trade contractors around the world to craft a more efficient, safe, and quality world for the communities they build and the people they employ.
We are one of the fastest growing construction-tech companies and we want you to help us grow. The main objective of this role is to maintain the highest levels of satisfaction for our valued customers.
As our Data Engineer, you will work in collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and data analysts to understand our internal stakeholders and customers data needs. You will translate these requirements into actionable data products/assets. You will be someone who is passionate about product development and believes that data is the key element to support any kind of innovation.
You will help design, maintain and evolve our operational data stores as the product grows and evolves. A data store which is secure, reliable, accurate. You are able to challenge yourself to build a capability from which analysts, product managers can get insightful data that drives product innovation at Assignar.
- Leveraging data from a variety of sources to build and maintain our data lake and datawarehouse.
- Research new ways for data acquisition.
- Automate and monitor ETL jobs created by self and others.
- Apply industry best practices for data capture and storage.
- Lead the data projects by understanding the requirements, suggesting solutions and timely delivery.
- Work independently and as a team to deliver complex projects involving various technological and product teams.
- Work with data scientists to integrate their machine learning models in production environments.
You will have:
- Proven experience working as a Data Engineer leading with complex environments and big data technologies.
- An ability to read/write very complex SQL statements.
- Proficiency in cloud Data Warehouse best practices and solutions.
- Proficiency in cloud data warehouse technologies such as AWS Redshift and Snowflake.
- Experience in spatial, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Experience designing, building, and operating data pipelines.
- Experience in ETL tools such as AWS Glue, AWS Data Pipeline, Apache Airflow, Luigi etc.
- Experience in AWS Database and Analytics services such as RDS, DynamoDB, S3, Athena, EMR, Kinesis, QuickSight etc.
- Solid programming experience in Python and/or other.
- Experience in streaming frameworks such as Spark Streaming, Flink and Kafka Streams would be an advantage.
- Understanding the fundamental concepts of Machine Learning .
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks will be highly regarded.
- AWS certification is highly regarded.
- Unrestricted work rights in Australia (Australian Permanent Residency/Citizenship).
- Multi-disciplined person with a passion for all things data. Technology advancements are enabling data engineers to have exposure to a wider range of challenges and solutions.
- Excellent problem-solver with strong ownership. We are not in a business of finding problems and complaining about them.
- Curious and never stop learning. Great engineers love to learn.
- Embracing modern data and serverless architectures. Engineers who can expand their horizons and incorporate modern data architecture into our enterprise ecosystems will be ahead of the game.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
- Comfortable to work from home for majority of your time. Candidates in all Australian Timezones are encouraged to apply.
Assignar was founded in 2014 as a provider of construction operations management software for subcontractors and self-perform general contractors. Assignar was born in the cloud and helps construction contractors run their business by providing end-to-end, real-time management of a company's workforce, assets, schedule as well as safety, quality and other operational processes. Assignar’s clients operate in road, rail, civil, infrastructure and other construction disciplines. Assignar counts many sub-contractors, asset owners, large General Contractors and publicly listed companies as customers. For more information, visit www.assignar.com.