Our values? Fun, fulfilling, forever - we want our team to love what they do and to feel engaged, motivated, and supported. We have some of the happiest employees around! In 2019 Phocas won the Culture Transformation Award from Human Synergistics in recognition of our constructive and positive culture.
Our Christchurch Product & Development team is expected to grow to over 100 in the next six months and we need an experienced Software Development Manager to help us on the journey. You’ll support, inspire, and lead two teams of talented engineers to tackle challenging technical problems, take a giant leap forward in terms of scale and performance, enable new applications, and streamline common functions.
- Lead, coach and mentor our Platform and Next Gen teams, creating empowered teams of missionaries rather than mindless mercenaries
- Collaborate with Product, Architecture and Operations on technical and design decisions to facilitate successful, timely and repeatable software delivery
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our business, customers, and products
- Create and nurture a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice
- Facilitate and support innovation and experimentation
- Recruitment, development and performance management
- You are tertiary qualified with solid development experience and understanding of modern technologies and development practices
- You have experience leading high performing teams in an agile environment
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have a sense of fun
- You are open to experience, ideas, and differing perspectives
- You’re a passionate champion of diversity and inclusion
- You are committed to technical excellence
Sadly due to current travel/border restrictions, we can only consider applicants currently in New Zealand with established working rights.
- Competitive package including stock options plan
- Benefits include life, income protection insurance and subsidised health cover
- Work with some of the best tech talent in Christchurch
- Central location with free parking and easy motorway access
- Friendly, fun, social team that comes together for chocolate biscuits, Friday drinks and other events
We pride ourselves on our positive, collaborative culture and encourage our team to come into the office - and we love being here! - but we also like to be flexible around hours and working from home.
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To all recruitment agencies: Phocas does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Phocas employees or any other company location. Phocas will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.