Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team
The Talent Experience team here at Xero play an integral role in working closely with both the business and the wider talent community to ensure we are attracting, assessing and engaging exceptional talent in line with the Xero Values. We get to play an exciting role at the forefront of our continued global growth, while having a bunch of fun and a few laughs along the way.
About the Role
As Xero’s next Talent Specialist you will be responsible for owning and managing end-to-end talent acquisition functions for specified teams across our Australian business. You will achieve this through:
- Planning and executing recruitment activity
- Sourcing top talent from both active and passive candidate markets
- Educating and advising hiring teams on best practice hiring techniques
- Leveraging your recruitment experience alongside the Xero brand to engage talent communities for both current and future hiring requirements
- Utilising your existing networks alongside your creative sourcing strategies to cultivate top talent and build talent pipelines
- Giving all candidates an awesome experience through professional and timely communications with Xero
- Working closely with the People Experience (HR) team across the globe to provide great employee experiences
- Organising and attending events and meetups to build further awareness of Xero vacancies and the profile of Xero as an employer
- Contributing to global Talent and Brand projects of interest
Overall we are looking for a great human who is passionate about an excellent candidate experience and wants to continue to learn and grow their talent acquisition skillset in a supportive, psychologically safe and fun environment. You will be provided with a platform to showcase your:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to network and build relationships with external parties and community groups
- Awesome communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Superb organisational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity and creativity to changing needs and situations within the business
- Passion for innovation and a logical, process driven mindset
What you will bring with you
It will be a bonus if you also have experience in :
- Managing a dynamic and diverse portfolio
- Attracting high quality active and passive candidates
- Working in a fast growing, global business
- Utilising recruitment systems and technology and sourcing platforms (we use Lever)
- Contributing to a variety of talent projects
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.