Our mission is to bring sustainable biology to the world.
Provectus uses Precision Photosynthesis® to accelerate nature in a proprietary biomanufacturing platform to produce some of the world's most valuable specialty ingredients, enabling industries in new ways and driving the next wave of agriculture, consumer, and therapeutics products.
Headquartered in the idyllic Noosa, Australia our team has built a viable, scalable, and sustainable product development and biomanufacturing platform. We are now scaling operations, bringing products to global markets, and expanding our product development pipeline to meet the demand from our global customers.
The Automation Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering and is responsible for the design, testing, commissioning and troubleshooting of automation systems (including software development such as PLC code) to create factories of the future for high volume, highly automated biological production. You will have the confidence to learn new technologies, execute initial production runs and maintain accurate and precise reports on time in a dynamic and changing environment. The position will also work collaboratively with the biologics team, software engineers and production teams, providing a unique opportunity to join a tight knit and highly motivated group of proven professionals. Get ready to be hands-on and build the things you design.
- Design, develop and commission automated processes and production cells
- Collaborate with all design and manufacturing teams at Provectus Algae to ensure products are designed for automation
- Create automation solutions for custom bioreactor hardware used in synthetic algae production
- Identify and troubleshoot electrical, software and associated equipment problems
- Create electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics for control panels
- Architect, write, and debug structured, scalable, reusable PLC code
- Develop and tune closed-loop control systems
- Train and integrate robotic systems
- Design user interfaces that make complex machines easy to control and troubleshoot
- Work closely with and consistently provide feedback to responsible design engineers, fabrication technicians, and biological production teams to drive design or infrastructure improvements to increase product reliability and yield
- Travel, as required, to Provectus Algae sites as well as vendors to support fabrication and installation of assigned projects
- Creatively work projects based on company priorities to meet and exceed aggressive deadlines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of experience building, maintaining, modifying, and/or operating automation and controls systems
- Strong desire and ability to learn quickly, adapt and innovate
- Process system and electromechanical/mechatronic systems experience
- Professional experience in design and/or commissioning of automation, robotics cell, factory floor layouts, control systems, or complex systems architecture.
- Professional experience in writing test plans and test procedures
- Professional experience with complex, multi-disciplinary system assemblies
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Own and build out the Talent Acquisition function and our employee branding
- Opportunity to work in a company on the forefront of sustainable products for the future
- A diverse and inclusive workplace
- Robust internal culture with monthly team events
Joining Provectus Algae
At Provectus Algae, we are a progressive, creative and imaginative team that believes the best solutions come from bringing together the best minds and a broad range of perspectives. We deeply care about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected, and empowered and are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or life stage.