99designs has always been an early adopter of modern tech and our pioneering in the data space; dbt, Airbyte, Snowflake & Looker, and the new tools and roles that are evolving alongside are no different! So feel like coming on this wild ride? Read on...
99designs is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easy for clients and designers to work together to create designs they love. Our mission is to champion creativity to create opportunities for people around the world. Founded in 2008, 99designs has grown from a small, online forum into a worldwide community of talented designers that is now the go-to solution for businesses, agencies, and individuals.
The data team at 99designs is growing, and what once was a central function with a whole of business view, has now evolved into a team of embedded specialists that support a group/tribe and the squads within.
So what is the role all about I hear you ask?
There are a few roles actually, suited to various levels of experience. The fundamentals of data analytics remains the same; championing a data driven culture characterised by informed decision making across the organisation.
As Lead Data Analyst you are a thought leader in this space, and looking to develop your career as a people leader and deepen your experience as a data analytics practitioner. You have a natural curiosity, and a passion for learning and adopting new tools and technologies (think dbt and Looker). As a data champion, you are enthusiastic about how problems can be solved and will help to define the processes for the whole data team and expand on 99designs’ analytics playbook.
As a Data Analyst you have a business mindset and a passion for working closely with stakeholders to understand their data and business needs and have a bias for action. You will uncover insights and trends through exploratory data analysis, experimentation and data visualisation.
A little bit about you
You have an affinity and passion for partnering with stakeholders, developing relationships and understanding their business needs. Communication is your absolute superpower and you have the ability to listen and bring people on a journey.
You can build and contribute to tested and documented data models and have a proficiency in SQL and are comfortable with data modelling (dbt experience isn’t necessary but a willingness to learn new tech would be fab!). You will have experience navigating different BI tools and ideally have experience with R or Python.
As 99d continues to scale, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that reflects the communities in which we operate. We want people to feel like they belong and can bring their whole selves to work. Our aim is to continue to foster a collaborative environment with a keen focus on innovation, growth and ownership. Below are just some of the things we do to support our people:
- Career development and learning in whatever way suits you! Courses, formal and informal mentoring, conferences… however you learn best 99d has got you covered.
- Culture of workplace flexibility and wellness. Study? Parent juggling? Everyone has different needs and the business will support you in the best way we can. Some people work remotely, some with flex start and finish times...the common thread is it’s all about your individual needs. With annual wellness bonuses of $605 + annually refreshing your WFH space with $300, you'll be supported to do your thang.
- Support for working parents. 18 weeks paid parental leave policy for all parents (we don't distinguish between a primary and secondary carer), which can be accessed part time or any way you want it over the first 18 months, which you can access from day 1 of joining. We also pay superannuation for paid and unpaid parental leave for 18months!
- Support for the community. In addition to 99nonprofits, 99designs provide one paid volunteer day a year for you to support a charity and the community as you see fit!
- 99d are also a Proud Code Like a Girl internship partner, host of Girl Geek Academy hack days, & maintain popular open source projects, and support a range of other community groups. It’s in our DNA.
Sound interesting? Apply, say hi! We'd love to chat