At :Different, our mission is to take care of homes and the people in them. We’re starting with rebuilding property management by taking care of investment property homes for Australian owners and tenants. We’re also offering the opportunity to be part of something :Different in the Real Estate industry.
Our business is dynamic, forward thinking and digitally savvy. You will be joining a fast paced and very supportive team, within a friendly and inclusive working environment. We offer our employees endless growth opportunities, continual support, flexibility in working conditions, and an attractive remuneration package plus equity & bonus.
Why come work for us?
- Join one of Australia’s most exciting real estate start-ups, backed by Commonwealth Bank
- Equity in a huge growth startup/scaleup - own part of the business!
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- Flexible working hours - hybrid of remote/office
- Awesome team culture and environment with a strong focus on customer experience
- Autonomy - we agree on outcomes, and you define how you’ll execute
- Long-term career opportunities - as an early employee, there’s lots of opportunity to grow professionally, as well as play a critical part in our long-term strategy. No glass ceiling!
- Supercharge your career - STEP OUT OF TRADITIONAL
- Be deeply embedded in the workings of a fast-scaling startup, participating in the ins and outs of investment rounds, growing a team, creating high functioning processes and building a successful business
About the role
We are seeking a dynamic, results driven Property Manager leader to manage our QLD Property Partner team and work with the team and others in the business to improve effectiveness and efficiency over time. The right candidate for this role will be a self-motivated, professional and proactive person who is passionate about achieving results. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make this role their own and drive the success of the team.
Core tasks and responsibilities:
- Overall performance management of the team: Setting KPIs, monitor performance and drive accountability in the team
- Encourage and foster individual learning and development of team members
- Recruitment and onboarding
- Supporting the QLD team to resolve customer escalations, share expertise, and stepping in to liaise with customers if required
- Tribunal appearances where the team members aren’t best equipped to attend
- Supporting your direct manager to develop the strategic focus for the team and work on process improvements
- Providing feedback to others in the business to enable :Different to provide better outcomes to customers
- Reporting to direct manager and/or other leaders in the business about team KPIs and/or status related to effectiveness or efficiency
- Displaying and leading by example the :Different values
- Previous experience managing a high performing team
- You have been working in the property industry for 8+ years with a minimum of 2 years of management experience
- You are hungry for change, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You can multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- You never settle - you constantly seek out ways to improve the ways in which the business operates
- You are a bright, and enthusiastic people-person. :Different has high standards but we like to have some fun and we laugh a lot along the way!
- You are a first-class learner and tech savvy. There is lots of different tech & systems at :Different, and you will need to get up to speed very quickly
- You are an out of the box thinker who is ok with doing things :Differently and changing the status quo
- You hold an up to date property management certificate/license in QLD
:Different is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.