Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team!
As a Graduate IT Engineer, you will commence with several rotations within technology functions at Baraja. Upon completing these rotations, you will have a good understanding of Baraja’s technology and be ready to deliver results and make a real impact.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who are self-motivated, enjoy working on challenging problems and consider innovative solutions to those problems. You will also need to enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Start dates will be between October 2021 to March 2022.
Inside the Job
- Learn, contribute, and perform level 1, 2 and 3 service support for all internal users (tech and non-tech), teams and departments within Baraja.
- Engage key business stakeholders to investigate, understand and resolve issues and requests.
- Maintain and support Network Infrastructure (DNS, VPN, QoS, LAN/VLAN, Network Security)
- Work closely with the ITSM & Infrastructure Product Owner to contribute to the design, build, and run of core ITSM capabilities from the Product Roadmap.
- Maintain Microsoft Cloud Productivity Suite (Office 365, SharePoint, MS Teams Video and Voice)
- Onboard and offboard employees with appropriate IT equipment
- Create Support Knowledge documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Maintain software and hardware Asset Inventory.
- Research industry best practises and infrastructure solutions
- Full Australian working rights.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Technology or relevant disciplines completed in the last two (2) years or to be completed this year (2021)
- Hands on experience with at least one programming language, e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Python
- Open and passionate to learn new technologies, and adaptable to the changing business.
- Excellent communication, team collaboration and time management skills .
- Demonstrated high levels of interest and enthusiasm in a hands-on technical area.
- Good fundamental knowledge of IT Networking (VLANs, QoS, DNS, VPN, Security)
- Experience with IT Networking, Infrastructure, Service Desk.
- Experience with Cloud Technology, AWS preferred.
- Experience with both Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Experience within a start-up or similar fast-paced environment with customer-driven products.
- IT Support role experience in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail).
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you
- Healthy lunch provided onsite
- Wellness Budget
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & Development budget
- Internal progression opportunities
- ESOP offering & remuneration package
- Monthly social events
- Volunteer day
- Team lunches
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, please apply!